Designed from the beginning to exceed all expectations in the area of photographic image quality, the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 Large-Format Printer incorporates a compact, 17-inch wide printer design, along with a radical photographic screening technology. And, when it is combined with the breakthrough Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink, it delivers your creative vision without compromise.
UltraChrome K3 ink incorporates a three-level Black, along with color pigments that raise the bar dramatically for professional color and black-and-white prints. Even more remarkable, the latest high performance, one-inch wide print head now incorporates an Auto-sharing Black Ink technology, allowing both Photo and Matte Black ink to be installed simultaneously.
Capable of handling virtually any type of cut-sheet media up to 17 inches wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 3800 incorporates a high-capacity paper feeder that accommodates sizes ranging from 4 x 6" up to 17 x 22". The printer also incorporates four different ways to load media, including a front-loading, straight-through path capable of handling media up to 1.5 mm thick and even a second, top-loading, single-sheet feeder optimized for fine art paper.
The extreme precision of an Epson Stylus Pro print engine, along with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink technology, results in your image being masterfully printed, without any signs of how it was produced. Prepare to be inspired all over again.
- 8-channel Print Head with Auto-sharing Black Ink
- Innovative, print head design allows for all nine inks to be installed simultaneously, and without any user intervention, the printer automatically switches between Photo and Matte Black ink while utilizing the same physical ink channel
- Ultramodern Photographic Screening
- Highly precise screening technology uses a radical new algorithm for determining dot placement, resulting in an extreme level of photographic image quality and produces extremely fine, photographic prints, even in bi-directional and lower resolution print modes. Furthermore, this technology compensates for various ink densities between resolutions, allowing for a single ICC profile to be used per media type
- Advanced MicroPiezo AMC Print Head
- Incorporating a one-inch wide, high performance print head, this system offers a maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi, and produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times, while optimizing photographic quality. The proprietary Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media, resulting in extremely sharp and accurate placement of ink droplets and consistently delivers outstanding photographic print quality from sheet to sheet
- Automatic Print Head Alignment and Cleaning
- A built-in sensor reads printed data for highly precise alignment of all color channels, and another built-in sensor analyzes a printed nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head if any problems are found - even partially clogged nozzles
- Epson PreciseColor Technology
- In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has enhanced the production process to include colorimetric calibration. This system evaluates and adjusts each printer at the manufacturing stage, assuring you'll get consistent color output from printer to printer.
- Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink
- The advanced 8-color, pigment-based ink system uses unique, high-density pigments for an extremely wide color gamut yielding professional print permanence ratings for truly sellable quality prints. The Microcrystal Encapsulation Technology applied to the ink particles reduced gloss differential, and provides superior scratch resistance from improved pigment and resin chemistry, You'll also get stable color immediately after printing with no short-term color shifting and a black density up to 2.3 with an L value as low as 4.1 Additionally, Microcrystal Encapsulation virtually eliminates the metamerism and bronzing of pigmented ink, and enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync and ICM workflows
- Epson intelligent, High-capacity Ink System
- With pressurized ink cartridge technology, the Stylus Pro 3800 ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges. In addition, the Nine, individual, High-volume (80 ml) ink cartridges enable truly professional printing and workflow while on-the-fly ink cartridge replacement facilitates increased productivity.
- Three-level Black Ink
- The Printer simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black ink to significantly improve the gray balance while eliminating color casts. Three-level Black inks also deliver impressive mid-tones and highlights for a smoother tonal range. When Printing Black & White images, Epson's unique driver technology takes full advantage of the three-level Black system to produce professional black-and-white prints from color or grayscale image files, and it also utilizes proprietary Epson screening technology, developed specifically for black-and-white printing to produce a truly consistent print with no color crossover or color cast - This represents the latest standard for producing sellable quality neutral and toned black-and-white prints.
- High-precision Print Engine
- Epson's print engine technology takes full advantage of the latest in precision mechanical design, resulting in a significant reduction in overall printer size and weight, while providing incredibly quiet operation, perfectly suited for even home use. There is also a large, 2.5-inch, backlit LCD control panel for easy, direct printer control and operational status monitoring
- Professional Media Handling with 17-inch Wide Printing
- Print on virtually any type of cut-sheet media from 4 x 6" up to 17 x 22" - the top-loading, high-capacity paper feeder handles up to 120 sheets of plain, letter-sized paper or up to 20 sheets of photographic media. A second, top-loading, manual sheet feeder accommodates thick fine art paper up to 17 inches wide. A front-loading, straight-through, manual sheet feeder handles media up to 16 inches wide, up to 1.5 mm thick posterboard. Furthermore the printer supports manual printing on both sides of specialty media, and prints on select BorderFree, cut-sheet media from 4 x 6" up to 17 x 22."
- Superior Connectivity
- Standard ports include one 10/100Base-T Ethernet and one Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (1.1 and 2.0 compatible), and the standard Professional Epson Photographic Drivers (Macintosh and Windows) provide complete professional level control over all of the printers functions. Additionally, an optional PANTONE licensed and SWOP certified PostScript Language Level 3 compatible RIP by ColorBurst is available for precise color management and vector to rater conversion for graphic arts applications. (included with Professional Edition bundle). Furthermore the printer can be fully supported by most leading, third-party RIPs and workflows, making it useable within the most demanding professional photography and graphic design environments.
- Epson PrintJob Information System
- Built-in printer memory automatically tracks key print job statistics, such as ink and media usage, remaining media, data file and user names, print times and more, and makes it easy to download reports from printer memory or print them out directly. This information can be utilized to monitor printer use and maximize efficient use of printer resources.
- World-class Service and Support
- The Stylus Pro 3800 includes free one-year coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day, full unit exchange service. There is also optional one or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available.