The Nikon D200 Digital Camera is a precision-engineered, high performance digital SLR camera designed to satisfy the requirements of passionate and demanding photographers. The D200 incorporates more must-have features than any other camera in its class, enabling photographers to capture images in a way once reserved only for professionals. The D200 employs a 10.2 effective megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor, which captures images with remarkable resolution and clarity. It's sophisticated 1005-pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II system ensures ideal exposures, and an advanced Nikon image processing engine renders images with superb clarity and smooth color gradations.
The D200 reacts with lightning speed, powering-up in a mere 0.15 seconds and firing in an imperceptible 50 millisecond shutter-release lag time. It can shoot five frames per second with a drastically shortened viewfinder blackout time of just 105 milliseconds between shots. Its large, bright viewfinder offers 0.94x magnification for comfortable and precise composition, and a 2.5 inch LCD screen provides an ultra-wide 170° viewing angle from all directions.
With an 11-area Autofocus system, robust control of Nikon's i-TTL Creative Lighting System and advanced Wi-Fi image-transmission options, the D200 is a perfect fit for discriminating photographers and a natural choice for wedding, event, and action photographers.
- 10.2 Megapixel DX Format CCD Image Sensor
- The 10.2 effective megapixel DX Format CCD image sensor incorporated into the Nikon D200 Digital Camera captures images with edge-to-edge sharpness and incredible color at 3872 x 2592 pixels, yielding extraordinarily high-resolution images perfect for enlargements or creative cropping.
- Industry-Leading Image Processor
- The D200 incorporates Nikon's industry-leading advanced imaging processing engine, which allows color-independent pre-conditioning prior to A/D conversion to work in symphony with advanced digital image processing algorithms to achieve fine color gradations with exceptionally smooth, consistent transitions.
- 11-Area Multi-CAM AF System with 7 Area Wide AF
- The Multi-CAM 1000 AF Sensor Module offers an 11-area AF that ensures consistently fast and precise focus lock under varying shooting conditions. The 7-wide area AF system offers broad coverage suited for moving subjects enabling greater compositional freedom.
- Durable Magnesium Alloy Body
- The advanced technologies and mechanisms of the Nikon D200 are housed in a rugged, lightweight magnesium alloy chassis and body ready for the most rigorous of assignments. Additional sealing for dust and moisture add to the D200's strength.
- 5fps High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- Capture fast action and fleeting expressions with the capability to capture high-resolution images at a rapid 5 frames-per-second in continuous bursts of up to 22 NEF (RAW), 37 JPEG (Fine/Large) or 19 NEF (RAW) + JPEG (Fine/Large) shots.
- Fast SLR Response Where It Counts
- Instant power-up in just 0.15 seconds, a shutter release time lag of a mere 50 milliseconds, and a shortened viewfinder blackout time of just 105 milliseconds makes the D200 ready to respond to any photographic situation.
- Large & Bright Viewfinder
- The eye-level optical viewfinder developed for the D200 features large magnification (0.94x) that helps ensure a clear view for precise composition, and a built-in diopter adjustment that allows fine-tuning to your eyesight.
- 2.5-inch LCD Monitor with Wide Angle Viewing
- A high-resolution LCD monitor provides ultra-wide 170° viewing in all directions. To assist with accurate sharpness assessment, images can be previewed at up to 400% magnification.
- EN-EL3e Rechargeable Battery with Fuel Gauge Function
- The high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you capture approximately 1,800 shots per charge and features an accurate real-time fuel-gauge system that displays the percentage of remaining charge, number of shots since last charge, and overall status of battery service life.
- Optional Wireless Transmitter
- The optional Wireless Transmitter WT-3 provides wireless functionality with IEEE 802.11b/g technology; it enables cable-free image transfer to a compatible computer, with the added safety and versatility of wide-ranging network and security protocols.