The Horseman SW-D II Pro marks the next step in the evolution of wide-angle cameras designed specifically for digital backs. This model directly accepts any back made to fit the Hasselblad V system as delivered, but through optional rear adapters can also use backs for Hasselblad H system cameras, Contax 645 cameras, and Mamiya 645 cameras.
Unlike most cameras in this field, the SW-D II Pro features an unusual method of generating optical shift movements. Horseman made the rear adapter accept the back mounting plate in any one of 4 directions, to give it a total of ±17mm of horizontal/vertical positioning adjustment. It is a simple but effective system
With its 4 wide-angle lenses (sold separately) designed specifically for the tight optical resolution requirements of digital camera sensors, the Horseman SW-D II Pro will meet the demands of professionals in any wide angle application. The shift and rise/fall movements make this optimal for indoor or outdoor architectural photography, while its compact size and light weight make it ideal for landscape images or location shoots.
- A compact super wide angle specialist camera which accepts Hasselblad V-Series backs
- Designed specifically for digital backs
- Uses four optional dedicated large format digital-specific lenses (24/35/45/55mm)
- ±17mm of rear rise/fall or lateral shift, ideal for image stitching
- Compact enough to be appropriate for field and even handheld use
- Digital backs can be mounted horizontally or vertically, from any direction
- Ground glass focusing
- Adaptable to Hasselblad H backs and Contax/Mamiya 645 backs