The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H7 Digital Camera captures high resolution images at up to 8.1 Megapixels. It also includes a superb quality Carl Zeiss 15X optical zoom lens. It is powered by the Bionz processing engine, first used in Sony's Alpha digital SLR camera system, to speed up response times and deliver fast image processing speeds.
The DSC-H7 is also equipped with Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization to help minimize blur caused by camera shake, an important feature when shooting at slow shutter speeds at full zoom. The high sensitivity of the camera (up to ISO3200) further helps to reduce blur resulting from fast-moving subjects and will also help preserve the mood of your pictures by capturing well-exposed, natural-looking photos, even in challenging low-light conditions.
The cameras' Advanced Sports Mode with high shutter speed is perfect for crisp long shots and for capturing precise detail when shooting at sporting events. Intelligent continuous auto-focusing means that the camera can quickly focus on fast-moving subjects by predicting where those subjects will be in the frame.
The camera also has Sony's Face Detection technology that brings out the best in faces and the impressive NightShot technology that allows you to take photographs in environments with virtually no light. You can also manually control the exposure and focus of the DSC-H7, making it ideal for more artistic shots.
The DSC-H7 camera has a large 2.5-inch LCD screen for easy sharing and viewing, and it incorporate selectable in-camera editing functions so you can spend more time in the field and less time behind a computer.
Other helpful in-camera functions include red-eye correction and photo retouching effects with filters. You can also create fun and artistic photos with up to four filter selections, such as the partial color filter that can highlight your star athlete in color while the background of the photo is in black-and-white.
The DSC-H7 is also well suited to displaying your images since it is equipped with a HD (high definition) output. Now photos can look even more spectacular when you share them with friends and family on an HDTV screen. Simply connect them to your HDTV with the Sony VMC-MHC1 high-definition component cable (sold separately), and turn your photo viewing into an entertainment experience.
- 8.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD
- The advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD of the DSC-H7 provides 8.1 megapixels of resolution for images with detail and definition to make big prints or crop in tight on your subject. Furthermore, The Super HAD CCD allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
- Carl Zeiss15X Zoom Lens
- The Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens provides a 15x optical zoom to bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots quickly for better composition. Additionally, the camera is equipped with a Smart Zoom feature that intelligently "crops into" the central portion of your photo, providing up to an additional 76x zoom at VGA resolution while avoiding the image degradation common with digital zoom. There is also a traditional 2x digital zoom to quickly pick up even the smallest detail of your subject.
- Super SteadyShot Optical Image Stabilization
- Sony's Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization uses optical sensors to detect camera movement and send correcting signals to a stabilization lens to minimizes blur caused by shaky hands, and allows even ultra-long-distance digital photos to capture more detail with less camera shake distortion.
- Advanced Sports Mode
- The DSC-H7 includes a sports shooting mode that combines high shutter speed with intelligent continuous AF that responds more quickly to rapid motion to catch the perfect moment in sports, children's games, pet tricks and more.
- High Sensitivity Mode
- The high sensitivity mode (ISO 3200) lets you shoot effectively in low light without flash to preserve the mood, helps to minimize blur, and brightens your images. Additionally, the Clear RAW noise reduction system will take care of the picture noise that can ruin low-light shots.
- D-Range Optimization
- Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, D-range optimization preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas to provide great results even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Face Detection
- The Face Detection system incorporated into the camera automatically controls focus, exposure, color and flash to reveal faces in shadow, make skin tones look more natural and eliminate harsh facial glare.
- Long-Distance Flash
- The powerful built-in flash provides illumination sufficient to light up a subject over 30' from your camera, with precise light control and the ability to adjust the flash for both front and rear sync when shooting at low-speed sync setting.
- Manual Exposure Modes
- For more creative freedom, a simple wheel-dial control lets you quickly change camera settings in manual modes (shutter speed priority, aperture priority, or manual exposure) and also control ISO sensitivity, focus area, and exposure value. In play mode, the wheel dial provides a quick way to view your next or previous shot.
- Remote Control Function
- Use the supplied remote control unit to control basic camera functions including zoom, menu settings, and more making it possible for you to put yourself in the picture when shooting with a tripod or sit back and enjoy the show when you share images on your home TV screen.
- Large 2.5" LCD Screen and Viewfinder
- Use the large, bright LCD screen for composing shots, checking results and sharing your photos on location. There is also an Electronic Color Viewfinder that lets you shoot in traditional camera style and saves battery power by turning your LCD screen off.
- MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
- The DSC-H7 lets you capture VGA (640 x 480) video clips with sound at high frame rate of up to 30 frames per second, with the clip length limited only by the capacity of your media.
- Stamina Battery Power
- The included rechargeable NP-BG1 Lithium Ion Battery provides sufficient power to capture up to 300 shots on a full charge. That's enough power to cover a long weekend or a whole vacation without needing to recharge.
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The DSC-H7 has 31MB of built-in memory allowing you to capture images without a memory card. However, the camera also has a built-in slot for optional Memory Stick Duo or Memory Stick PRO Duo media (sold separately), that can support capacities of up to 8GB to store literally thousands of images.
- HD Output and HD Slide Show
- Present your pictures on a compatible HDTV screen thanks to direct HD (high definition) output1 - now you can view your still photos with spectacular HD clarity and detail. Furthermore, the HD Slide Show feature means that you can watch your photos come alive, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and any of four preset musical selections stored in memory or your favorite MP3 tunes.
- In-Camera Retouching and Red-Eye Reduction
- The DSC-H7 has a range of in-camera editing effects available to customize your images. Built in image effects include a soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, a cross filter to place starry "dazzles" at highlight points, a partial color filter to mute surrounding colors and a fish-eye filter to create interesting results. There is also a built-in red-eye reduction feature that reduces irritating "glowing eyes" that can ruin even the most creative photos.
- Includes Picture Motion Browser Software
- The supplied Picture Motion Browser software makes it easy to upload, organize and search photos on your PC, and provides a convenient map view function to sort photos by location and display their origin on a world map by using an optional GPS unit.