The JVC Everio GZ-HD7 is a hard-drive based high definition camcorder with a variety of unique features destined to wet the palette of professionals and enthusiasts alike. The 60GB internal hard drive is capable of recording up to 420 minutes of standard definition footage, as well as being able to shoot up to 1080i.
Equipped with a plethora of controls, the GZ-HD7 performs much like a compact prosumer camera while still being incredibly affordable. The most notable feature on the camera is its ability to shoot ultra-high bandwidth MPEG-2 video for increased quality over traditional HDV.
- 30 Mbps Recording
- HDV's variant of MPEG-2 compression has a bit rate of 25 Mbps. The GZ-HD7 records in the same widely popular MPEG-2 format but the similarities end there. The camera increases the video's overall bandwidth to 30 Mbps, which results in less compression and higher image quality.
- GigaBrid Engine Advantage
- The provided 1/5" CCDs are ideal for both low light and high definition applications. The camera's sophisticated pixel-shifting technology adds fidelity while maintaining higher sensitivity found when using less dense sensors.
- 60GB Internal Drive
- The 60GB drive provides extended record times in both standard and high definition formats. Record a staggering 420 minutes of standard definition footage without having to change a tape or pop in a new DVD; simply hit record and you're in business!
- Professional-Grade Controls
- What truly distances the GZ-HD7 from its competition is the professional feeling of its controls. The camera is designed to give users a maximum amount of manual control without being overly intimidating. Whether it's the manual focus ring or convenient shoe mount, the GZ-HD7 will perform like a pro through and through.