The Samsung Digimax GX-10 SLR Digital Camera produces images with 10.2 megapixels of resolution for a more detailed image, while image sharpness is almost guaranteed thanks to the built-in Optical Picture Stabilization (OPS) technology. Meanwhile, taking photos is made easier with the high-magnification PentaPrism viewfinder that provides a clear, wide field of view for optimum shooting. The Digimax GX-10 also has a wide view 2.5" TFT color LCD so you can review and confirm the quality and composition of your images.
The camera incorporates a number of premium features that cater to both the professional photographer and photo enthusiast. The one-touch RAW button makes RAW file shooting simple and instantly available to users even during general JPEG shooting. The RAW files can be checked on the LCD and then be directly converted to JPEG format via the built-in converter for convenience. The camera has a continuous shooting capability of 3 fps (frames per second)and can capture as many JPEG files as the installed memory card can record. Up to nine RAW files can be shot at the same speed, giving the user the best chance to get a great picture. Furthermore, The Digimax GX-10 has been designed to let the photographer customize and take control of his or her camera with the My Set Dial option. This feature allows you to personalize your dial settings by choosing your most frequently used functions for ultimate ease of use.
All of this great image quality serves no purpose if you cannot use your camera because of poor weather conditions, so the Digimax GX-10 is also equipped with special water-resistant and anti-dust sealing for taking quality pictures in even wet, sandy, or dusty conditions. Furthermore, the advanced dust removal function included in the Digimax GX-10 removes potentially problematic dust from the CCD automatically when the camera is booted, resulting in perfect blemish-free pictures. A further dust barrier is provided by the special coating on the CCD protective filter.
- 10.2 Megapixel CCD
- The GX-10 10.2 megapixel CCD enables users to capture vividly detailed pictures that can be easily printed to poster sizes or cropped, with no visible digital image artifacts.
- Amazing 22-Bit A/D Conversion
- While most digital SLR cameras utilize 16-bit A/D conversion, GX-10 adopts a 22-bit A/D converter, which can process 1,024 times more image information at one time than other DSLR cameras. As such, it can express delicate colors, textures, sharpness, and a wide range of gradation.
- Optical Picture Stabilization
- The OPS (Optical Picture Stabilization) system utilizes a CCD Shift mechanism that moves the image sensor in the opposite direction of any shake or sustained impact. This almost guarantees blur-free pictures, even in low-light situations such as dusk, and is excellent protection from the effects of hand tremble often associated with the use of long focal length lenses. Furthermore, since the OPS mechanism is located within the body of the camera, you'll be able to ensures blur-free photography with any lens; even full manual lenses.
- Dual Dust Removal System
- Keep the CCD of your GX-10 clean, without any effort from you. To begin with, the CCD is prepared with an Anti-Dust Coating that minimizes dust setting on the CCD surface in the first place. In addition to the CCD's anti-dust coating, the GX-10 features an advanced dust removal function in which the CCD is lightly shaken at startup in order to shed any pesky dust that may have withstood the resistant coating ensuring clear, flawless pictures.
- RAW Image Capture and One-touch RAW Button
- Capturing images in a RAW format ensures the maximum image quality and versatility available. Besides providing a compact file size that exhibits no loss of image quality due to digital compression, the RAW file format also permits the adjustment of image tones, resolution, picture quality, AWB, ISO, sharpness, contrast, and saturation, without any further image quality degradation. For convenience, the camera has a built-in RAW file converter that allows you to convert RAW files to JPEG format without any computer interaction. Furthermore, the one-touch RAW button means that you can quickly switch from RAW to JPEG capture and back again without missing a frame.
- Powerful AE Exposure Modes
- GX-10 adopts a user-friendly exposure mode to control shutter speed, aperture, and even ISO sensitivity. Sv: Sensitivity priority automatically adjusts aperture and shutter speed settings according to ISO levels TAv: Shutter-speed & aperture priority automatically controls ISO sensitivity to get an appropriate exposure value according to the user's shutter speed and aperture settings.
- Precise White Balance Adjustment
- While most cameras provide white balance functions that use only standard or typical values, the GX-10 provides a delicate color temperature adjustment function that can be finely adjusted in 100K units, thereby enabling more accurate white-balance control.
- Fast Continuous Shooting
- The GX-10 provides a high-speed continuous shooting function that provides a shooting rate of 3 fps, enabling you to capture any movement of a subject perfectly. In the JPEG shooting mode, continuous shooting is limitless within the memory capacity, and in the RAW mode you can take up 9 photos at the same 3 fps rate.
- Precise AF with 11 Focus Points
- The GX-10 incorporates 11 focus points for prompt, precise AF, even when the subject is not in the center of the frame. There is also a focus point converting function, with which a user can choose the location of the AF point.
- Convenient & User-friendly Design
- While the GX-10's technology and functions are anything but basic, it's been specially designed for convenience and ease-of-use. The My Settings function uses various AE modes to provide auto-adjustment that suits the user's style. You can adapt yourself to the functions faster and more easily with the Green Button, which automatically adjusts exposure during manual photography.
- Weather & Dust Resistant Camera Body
- The GX-10 is specially crafted to resist the influx of water or dust. A secure silicone seal has been implemented at 72 different points including the shutter and other important buttons, to ensure that nothing harmful enters the camera.
- Glass Pentaprism Viewfinder
- While many affordable SLR Digital Cameras use a mirror box or multiple simple prisms in the viewfinder that cause a loss of brightness and sharpness, the viewfinder of the GX-10 utilizes a glass pentaprism to maintain maximum vividness and visibility. As a result, the viewfinder offers a fantastic 95% field of view with 0.95X magnification, making photo framing and manual focus easy and accurate.
- 2.5" Color LCD
- The GX-10 features a clear & large 2.5" LCD with a 140° wide viewing angle, making viewing of taken photos and using the menu more convenient.