The V1300X-IA Alarm Interface (32 Inputs) from Vicon is a product that allows external alarm devices to be connected to Nova (VPS) digital control CPUs. Up to (32) alarms may be connected to this unit. Additional units may be cascaded for further expansion.
When this unit senses a change in the status of one of its alarm inputs, it transmits the data to the VPS CPU, which in turn alerts the operator. It may also be programmed to execute an automatic response, such as displaying video from a camera associated with the alarm, causing a camera station to carry out a preset program or tour, or playing special alarm messages on the monitors, among other options.
A single auxiliary relay output also activates when any alarm input goes active and may be used to control some external device such as a VCR or DVR. Alarm inputs are normally closed, but go active when the remote alarm switch opens or goes on active high. This unit's alarm inputs are CMOS/TTL compatible.
Enabling and disabling individual alarm inputs is managed with software in the system CPU. This unit is compatible with all Nova (VPS) CPUs except VPS238, which has its own alarm interface. It connects to the CPU via a parallel data interface.
- External Alarms with Nova
- This product allows external alarm devices to be connected to a Nova (VPS) digital control CPU.
- Additional units may be cascaded for further expansion.
- Automatic Responses
- This unit may be programmed to trigger automatic responses to alarms, such as switching to a camera or recording on an external VCR or DVR, among many other possibilities.
- CMOS/TTL Compatible
- This unit's alarm inputs are CMOS/TTL compatible.