The Fujinon XA87X13.2ESM is an 87x high definition telephoto studio/field lens for 2/3" CCD broadcast cameras. Known for their high build quality and precision optics, Fujinon lenses have become the industry standard for professional video applications all over the world.
The lens also comes equipped with a wide variety of extra features including Fujinon's QuickZoom technology, providing a quick and easy way to verify focus. The focal-length range is 13.2-1150mm with a minimum object distance of 2.7 meters, or about 8.9 feet. The lens also has a 2x extender for double magnification.
- Sports in the Forefront
- By offering an unprecedented 87x magnification, the new XA87x high definition lenses are ideally suited for sports shooting where extreme closeups and high-image quality are critical. The XA87x9.3 and XA87x13.2 are available with Fujinon's new internal image stabilization technology. Distance is no object any more. Due to the excellent ramping characteristics, the XA87x lenses deliver images of amazing crispness and brightness even at the telephoto end of the zoom range. The field HD lenses combine Fujinon's most advanced optics, Inner focus mechanism, extremely quiet operation and modular construction.
- High Zoom Speed
- Fujinon uses more than two zoom groups to achieve the 87x zoom. The maximum zoom speed from wide to tele end is only 0.6 seconds but it is possible to choose the zoom characteristic and the maximum zoom speed individually.
- Desiccant Drying
- The desiccant drying compartment eliminates fogging of the internal lens components due to humidity. In addition a protective, field replaceable glass element (option) protects the front lens from damage.
- QuickZoom Technology
- The lens has an added capability when zooming; using the QuickZoom switch. At the touch of a button, the lens can move to full telephoto in less than a second. This provides a no-hassle way of verifying focus.
- Integral 2x Extender
- For instant close-up shots, the lens has a switch that inserts an element that doubles the focal length at any point in the zoom range. Instead of using the zoom function, the extender gives immediate close-up images.