The Canon PowerShot TX1 Digital Camera with it's unique vertical orientation, is no bigger than the original Digital Elph, yet it houses a genuine Canon 10x optical zoom lens with Canon's exclusive Optical Image Stabilizer Technology, eliminating blurry images resulting from camera shake.
This pocket-sized, stainless steel Camera is stylized with textured accents, yet is no bigger than a deck of playing cards. The PowerShot TX1 is also very durable with an integrated stainless-steel barrier to protect the lens, and an all-metal alloy exterior casing. The securely hinged, Vari-Angle LCD screen is free to swivel in a nearly unimpeded manner, making it easy to frame shots, even when the camera is held at an awkward angle to the shooter.
The impressive High Definition (HD) 720p widescreen movie mode makes this camera an obvious camcorder replacement. Furthermore, it is easy to play movies or view high quality stills on a high-definition Television, thanks to a convenient component video output terminal.
- 7.1 Megapixel Resolution
- With 7.1 megapixels of image resolution, the PowerShot TX1 can capture the kind of detail that makes ordinary images extraordinary, and gives you the freedom to crop images and produce large prints that are true-to-life and filled with rich detail.
- Ultra-compact Canon 10x Optical Zoom Lens
- The wide-range, compact 10x zoom lens provides an equivalent focal length of 39-390mm and astounding Super-Macro that can focus as close as the front surface of the front lens element. The 12 element design (including one UD and one Aspheric element) ensures that your images are tack sharp, while the latest optical and mechanical technologies keep the lens design, and therefore the camera very compact.
- Optical Image Stabilizer Technology for Steady Shooting
- The Canon PowerShot TX1 features Canon's exclusive Image Stabilizer Technology. Camera shake can cause blurring when shooting in low light and at long focal lengths, but the advanced Image Stabilizer uses digital technology to detect camera shake and signal precise lens shifts that effectively cancel it. This means the TX1 will allow you to take excellent-quality images in many more situations - outdoors at dusk, inside without a flash, anytime when lighting conditions are not ideal.
- DIGIC III Processor with Face Detection AF/AE
- Delivering fast, responsive camera performance and superb image rendering, the DIGIC III processor also drives Canon's landmark Face Detection technology. Face Detection AF/AE ensures accurate and bright people shots by automatically detecting faces in a scene and optimizing focus and exposure accordingly, and because the technology is hardware-based, it operates at the same rapid speed as Canon's standard AiAF. Furthermore, the processor incorporates iSAPS scene-recognition technology using an internal database of thousands of different photos to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- Expanded Sensitivity
- The PowerShot TX1 features ISO 1600 with ISO Auto Shift to increase the ISO sensitivity thereby minimizing the probability of image blur caused by camera shake and subject motion automatically.
- 14 Shooting Modes
- The PowerShot TX1 has 14 easy-to-use shooting modes including Auto, Manual, and a wide selection of Special Scene modes such as Portrait, Indoor and Night Snapshot, and you can quickly access these modes via the cameras intuitive controls. The camera also includes Color Accent and Color Swap photo effects which allow artistic photo effects to be applied in-camera both during and after shooting.
- Advanced Movie Capabilities
- The Canon PowerShot TX1 lets you capture movies with extraordinary clarity using 720P HD recording. Users can record movies with a resolution of 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps with stereo sound and provides the capability of 1080i component video playback for a true HD experience. The camera's impressive Face Detection AF feature for still images is also available in the movie mode.
- 1.8-inch Vari-Angle, Wide-View LCD
- The LCD display on the PowerShot TX1 Provides vari-angle positioning so you can rotate and turn the screen as needed to properly frame your shots. Additionally the LCD display has a highly durable coating that resists scratches and fingerprints, while the anti-reflective coating keeps the picture clear and visible even in bright sunlight.
- Durable and Attractive Design
- With its elegant all-metal construction, the PowerShot TX1 is very durable, while the vertical orientation of the camera body makes for a unique photo experience. The built-in lens cap opens when the camera is turned on and closes when the camera is turned off, protecting the lens from scratches and smudges.
- Fast USB Interface
- The PowerShot TX1 supports the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface standard, so you'll enjoy the fastest possible data transfer speeds when using a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed compatible computer.
- Easy, Flexible Direct Printing Options
- The Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the camera to a Canon Direct Photo Printer or PictBridge supported printer, press the Print/Share button and print. The Direct Print feature allows for image preview and editing (including cropping) on the camera when connected to a compatible printer. Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images directly to a computer (Windows).