The Leica C-LUX 2 Digital Camera features a classic slim-line design that is unmistakably Leica. Although the camera is small enough to fit in the smallest pocket, it incorporates a beautifully sharp and large 2.5" color LCD display. The display also provides wide-angle viewing to easily share your images and a live histogram feature to confirm exposure while shooting.
The 7.2 megapixel CCD sensor enables you to produce superlative prints - even up to poster size. The fully retractable Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Aspherical lens provides a wide focal length range of 28mm - 100mm in 35mm format. An integrated image stabilizer (O.I.S), the C-LUX 2, effectively prevents blurred photos no matter what the photographic situation is, by consistently compensating for small hand movements. This combined with the high-sensitivity mode (up to ISO 3200) ensures that pictures are always sharply defined - whether shooting during twilight, indoors, under candlelight or in situations where using a flash is not possible.
The C-LUX 2 offers very short shutter lag, and a generous selection of shooting modes including a number of very useful scene modes to suit different photographic situations. This gives the photographer flexibility, which he will find necessary to take successful pictures, regardless of the subject, lighting or other shooting conditions.
- 7.2 Megapixel Resolution
- With a resolution of 7.2 Megapixels, you'll be able to produce high resolution images that can yield photo quality 16 x 20" prints. Together with the advanced electronics and in-camera software the C-LUX 2 produces images with natural color rendering, excellent definition and high brilliance.
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
- The powerful Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens consists of seven elements (four of which are aspherical) in six groups. With a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and a wide focal length range of 28mm to 100mm in 35mm format, the C-LUX 2 is well suited to shooting all kinds of subjects such as interior shots or group photos.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- The C-LUX 2 produces exquisitely sharp photos even when shooting under candlelight or when shooting moving objects thanks to the built-in optical image stabilizer and the high-sensitivity setting of up to ISO 3200.
- Striking Compact Design
- The striking design, and clearly arranged controls gives the camera the timeless elegance typical of a Leica camera, and makes operation simple and intuitive. Furthermore, the ultra compact dimensions of the C-LUX 2 means that it easily fits into any bag or pocket and is therefore the ideal companion for everyday use, leisure pursuits, travel or any other occasion.
- Durable and Ergonomic Construction
- The all metal body with slightly rounded sides along with great attention to small details ensures a reliable and robust camera that is comfortable to handle.
- Superb Performance
- Thanks to its extremely short shutter delay and precise autofocus, The C-LUX 2 can be relied upon to capture spur-of-the-moment snapshots; and the powerful battery provides power for up to 300 photos on a charge for carefree photography.
- Three Picture Formats
- Choose from three picture formats - 16:9, 3:2, or 4:3 - of which the 16:9 format is HDTV-ready for viewing.
- 2.5" Color LCD Display
- The 2.5" High resolution LCD display features a resolution of 207,000 pixels, and gives a brilliant preview of the photograph, allowing accurate assessment before and after it is taken. The large monitor also enables several people to look at the image together, and the view of the display is just as good from just about any angle thanks to the wide-angle viewing capability of the display.
- Optional Televid Scope Adapter
- The optional Digital Adapter 2 makes the camera capable of producing fantastic nature photographs through a Leica Televid series spotting scope.
- Direct Print Capable
- Print directly to any PictBridge Capable Printer without a computer, and the on camera image editing features assure that you be able to make just the right picture easily and quickly.