The Olympus Evolt E-510 SLR Digital Camera combines the versatility, performance, and image quality of a professional SLR, with the simplicity, compact size and ease-of-use of a consumer point-and-shoot digital camera. The high resolution 10-megapixel Live-MOS image sensor captures exquisite detail, and provides you with the flexibility to crop your images and still produce large, detailed prints.
The Professional quality Zuiko lenses that Olympus has developed for the Evolt SLR Cameras are designed to work perfectly with all of the camera's digital technology so that your pictures will have exceptional color and clarity. A broad selection of lenses is available.
The sensor-shift image stabilization system uses a gyro sensor to track the movement of the camera and automatically compensates for it by moving the image sensor so blurriness is minimized or even eliminated. The image stabilization system can also be activated to assist you in low light settings, and because the system is incorporated in the camera body, it works with any lens. The Evolt E-510 also solves the dust problem commonly found with SLR Cameras by providing a proven anti-dust system so your pictures will be spotless - every time.
Ten advanced exposure modes are also available including program, aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual control. Furthermore, you'll get a great shot in any lighting situation with five metering modes including the 49-point ESP Meter. Even with all of this power, the Evolt E-510 is incredibly easy to use. The ergonomic and lightweight design of the camera body means that the camera will be comfortable to hold even after a long day of sightseeing.Furthermore, the E-510 makes it easy to shoot like a pro with 19 intuitive Scene Select Modes like Fireworks, Night Scene, Portraits and even Panorama modes.
The 2.5" HyperCrystal LCD enables images to be beautifully displayed in vivid color, even from 176-degree viewing angles or in bright sunlight. The Live-View feature provides users with the choice of framing images with the viewfinder or on the LCD Display, making it simple to preview and review your images.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- The Olympus E-510 incorporates a 10-megapixel Live-MOS imaging sensor that provides professional quality image resolution and lower noise than other image sensors.
- Professional Quality Zuiko-Digital Lens
- Olympus Zuiko lenses are precision-engineered and designed especially for digital photography to provide edge-to-edge clarity and even brightness across your image. Furthermore, there is a large selection of Zuiko lenses available ranging from extremely wide angle to high zoom telephoto lenses as well as specialty lenses, and all Zuiko Digital lenses are compatible with all Olympus E-System digital SLR cameras.
- Advanced Image Stabilization System
- The E-510 includes the Advanced Image Stabilization System which utilized sensor-shift technology to counter the effect of camera shake. The exclusive Supersonic Wave Drive motors provide two modes of accurate high-speed image stabilization - one mode provides blur-free photography for everyday situations like low-light settings, and the other mode helps capture clear images even while panning during action shots. Since the Image Stabilization technology is built into the body of the E-510, it works with every lens.
- Anti-Dust System
- The proven anti-dust system ensures that you'll get spotless pictures - every time. Every time you turn on the E-510, the Supersonic Wave Filter - located between the shutter and the image sensor - silently vibrates an amazing 35,000 times per second, so dust is flung away and collected so it can't come back. As a result, you can change lenses anywhere without worrying about dust.
- Compact and Comfortable Design
- The lightweight and compact body of the E-510 is ergonomically designed for superior comfort so it's a pleasure to carry and use for hours at a time.
- TruePic III Image Processor
- The TruePic III Image Processor provides fast camera operation and processing speed for more responsive camera operation. Along with the speed advantages, TruePic III also produces crystal clear photos using all the pixel information for each image to provide you with brilliantly clear, and bright photos with accurate skin tones.
- Versatile Color Modes
- The Evolt E-510 is compatible with sRGB or Adobe RGB color spaces, and you can fine-tune your photo's colors with five modes (Vivid, Natural, Muted, Monotone, Sepia), or shoot in black and white using five monochrome modes. Altogether, the advanced color modes of the E-510 let you be as creative as your imagination allows.
- 10 Advanced Exposure Modes
- Exercise tight control over your photos with 10 advanced exposure modes including program, aperture priority, shutter priority and full manual control. Get a great shot in any lighting situation with five metering modes including the new 49-point ESP Meter.
- 19 Easy-to-use Scene Modes
- The Evolt E-510 makes it easy to shoot like a pro with 20 easy-to-use Scene Select Modes covering practically every common shooting scenario including Portrait, Fireworks, Sports, Landscape, Sunset, and many more. Simply select the right mode for your shot, and the E-510 takes care of the rest.
- Built-in and External Flash
- Use the built-in, auto pop-up flash with six modes including auto and redeye reduction, and even manually adjust the flash intensity for a custom look. You can also attach an external flash such as the FL-36 to the Hot Shoe for even more illuminating options.
- 2.5" LCD Display
- The 2.5 HyperCrystal LCD has approximately 230,000 pixels, and provides many times the contrast of conventional LCD monitors, making it easy to view your shots, even in bright sunlight. Plus, you'll be able to see the screen with amazing clarity from almost any angle.
- Live View LCD
- In addition to a traditional optical through-the-lens viewfinder, the Evolt E-510 boasts a Live View LCD; this is a unique feature for an interchangeable lens SLR. Live viewing through the LCD makes it easier to compose and shoot in any situation, from any angle.
- Capture in JPEG or RAW
- Shoot using JPEG format for no-hassle sharing, printing, and viewing. Or shoot using RAW format for highest image quality and control.
- Dual Card Slot
- The Evolt E-510 has two memory slots, one that hold Compact Flash (Type I & II) or Microdrive cards and one for xD-picture cards. Use the dual slot design to transfer images you want to save from one card to another for better management of your important images.
- Auto-Connect USB
- Transfer your images faster and easier to a computer for viewing, editing, printing and more with a simple USB connection (USB 2.0 Full Speed), no software installation necessary.
- Direct Print Compatible
- The E-510 connects to any PictBridge-enabled printer via the included USB cable for fast and easy PC-free printing. Simply select the images that you wish to print on the camera's LCD and print.