With exceptional surround sound reproduction the Harman Kardon AVR-146 5 x 30W 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver will take your home theater experience to new heights. In the convenience of your own home, you can finally watch your favorite movies come alive with the AVR-146. It offers you the same surround sound entertainment value you would expect from a night out at the movies.
The AVR-146 features High-Current Amplification, dual HDMI inputs, A/V Sync Delay, component video switching, and Dolby Pro Logic decoding technology. In addition, Harmon Kardon includes its exclusive Logic 7 processing and Cirrus Logic 49500 Series DSP technology to create a wider, more enveloping surround-sound environment. If you want a unified, stylish, and easy-to-set-up A/V home theater receiver, look no further than the Harman Kardon AVR-146.
- 5.1-Channel and Digital Audio Decoding
- The AVR-146 uses specific Dolby Digital and DTS codecs to reproduce an enveloping 5.1-Channel surround sound experience. The unit encodes Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Virtual Speaker, Dolby Headphone, DTS, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, Logic 7, and Cirrus Logic 49500 series DSP processing.
- Logic 7 Processing
- Originally developed for high-end processors, Logic 7 processing is packaged with the AVR-146. Proprietary digital algorithms are used to create a more cohesive and enveloping sound field from the tens of thousands of currently available analog matrix soundtracks. Logic 7 is capable of reproducing either five or seven channels of exquisite sound from your two-channel source.
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- If you're looking to pump high-definition DVD playback into your home theater, the AVR-146 will do the job. It has an integrated digital processor capable of switching between two HDMI inputs.
- Surround Mode Selection
- The AVR-146 offers a wide choice of analog surround modes available for use with sources such as your CD player, VCR, and TV cable broadcasts.
- Bridge Ready
- The Bridge is a docking station (option) that enables connectivity from your iPod to the AVR-146's DMP connector input. Your iPod effectively becomes another Harmon Kardon component flowing through the AVR-146.
- High Current Capability
- HCC is an overall design approach encompassing everything from transformer design and storage capacitor size to discrete output circuitry and minimal use of negative feedback. This enables the AVR-146 to combine tighter bass, superb transient response and enhanced presence at any volume level.
- Advanced Processing
- Most of the AVR-146's audio processing is handled automatically, with little intervention on your part. However, the AVR-146 is so advanced, it is capable of being customized to suite your particular system and your surround-sound tastes.
- Built-In AM/FM Tuner
- Enjoy your favorite radio broadcasts with surround sound processing, with the built-in AM/FM wide-band tuner.
- Easy Set-Up Feature
- Harmon Kardon takes the guesswork out of the installation process with an easy-to-use connectivity color-coding system.