The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital ELPH Digital Camera incorporates a high resolution 8.0 megapixel CCD, a 4x optical zoom lens with Canon's exclusive UA lens elements and an optical image stabilizer for steady zooming. This is all in an extremely compact and stylish body.
The camera is also loaded with features including Face Detection technology, in-camera Red-eye Correction, an ISO 1600 setting for sharper images in low light, and five movie modes including a time lapse movie option.
The exclusive Canon DIGIC III processor makes all of these features possible, plus it ensures that your camera performs quickly and supports the unique iSAPS technology that ensures that your pictures will always look their best.
Other key advancements incorporated into the PowerShot SD850 IS include auto ISO shift for improved low light shooting and a 2.5" PureColor LCD screen offering enhanced colour reproduction and scratch-resistance.
You'll even get in-camera creative features including a Creative Light Effect mode, and exposure control capability.
- 8.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 8.0 Megapixels of imaging power, the PowerShot SD850 IS delivers stunning detail and clarity, sufficient to produce oversized prints and also provides the freedom to enlarge any section of an image and crop to your exact needs.
- 4x Zoom Lens Featuring Canon UA Lens Elements
- The SD850 IS Digital ELPH is equipped with a 4x optical zoom lens that features Canon's exclusive UA lenses using ultra-high refractive index glass to enhance your pictures while significantly reducing total lens size. Furthermore, the 4x digital zoom brings the combined zooming power all the way to 16x for superb detail at sporting events, school concerts and more.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's lens shift-type optical image stabilizer counteracts the camera shake caused by slight hand movements. Vibration sensors detect the angle and speed of movement and send this information to a processor, allowing the camera to compensate. This adds stability to hand-held, telephoto or moving shots and enables shooting at shutter speeds of up to three stops slower than typical with no noticeable increase in image blur.
- Superb Ergonomic Design
- The camera is as beautiful to look at as the images it takes, with a Perpetual Curve design that has the look of fine sculpture; and its unique form is engineered to conform to the shape of your hand- making the camera comfortable to hold.
- DIGIC III Image Processor with iSAPS Technology
- Canon's DIGIC III Image Processor is designed to improve processing speed and image quality, so DIGIC III provides markedly faster startup, autofocus and playback, plus it assures that every image is more colorfully vibrant. iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the fast DIGIC III Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- Face Detection Technology
- The DIGIC III processor in the PowerShot SD850 IS features Face Detection AF/AE, which finds multiple faces in the frame and sets the most suitable focus point when the shutter button is pressed halfway. In addition, Face Detection FE adjusts the flash based on a person's face on the screen. Exposure and flash are then controlled to ensure proper illumination of both the faces and the overall scene, eliminating the common problem of darkened or overexposed faces.
- In-camera Red-eye Correction
- Red-eye Correction detects and automatically corrects red-eye during playback for both regular and flash photography. In unusual cases where red-eye is not automatically detected, it can easily be corrected manually during playback mode.
- High ISO to Reduce Image Blur and Expand Low-light Shooting
- The PowerShot SD850 IS Digital ELPH features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater flexibility for shooting.
- 18 Shooting Modes and In-camera Creative Functions
- The PowerShot SD850 IS is adaptable to almost any shooting situation, with Eighteen shooting modes including 11 Special Scene modes, and a manual mode for selection of exposure settings such as White Balance and ISO. For in-camera creative image manipulation, the My Colors photo effects can be applied during or after shooting, and the latest Creative Light Effects let you transform background bright spots to stars, hearts, music notes and more. Furthermore, a My Category function simplifies image management by automatically tagging images with categories such as People, Scenery and Events, based on face detection and the shooting mode selected.
- Advanced Video Recording
- The camera has five movie functions to choose from including VGA quality (640 x 480) recording at 30fps or 15fps with sound, and Canon's unique Intelligent Orientation Sensor automatically rotates vertically shot movies for playback on camera, PC or TV via the integrated AV Out connection. You can also shoot extremely high quality Fast Frame Rate movies at 60 fps QVGA (320 x240), time Lapse recording that records VGA resolution at 1 or 2 second intervals, and there is even a Compact Movie Mode (QQVGA; 160 x 120 pixels @ 15 fps) that's ideal for creating movies you can attach to emails.
- High-resolution 2.5" LCD Display
- The bright extra-durable, high-resolution 2.5" PureColor LCD screen features a wide viewing angle for comfortable image framing and viewing, and has a tough scratch-resistant anti-reflective coating. Altogether, the LCD screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light. For accurate framing without the LCD, the camera retains a real-image optical viewfinder- useful in difficult lighting situations or when battery power is running low.
- USB 2.0 Interface
- The PowerShot SD850 IS supports the USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) standard, so you'll enjoy the highest possible data transfer speeds when using a USB 2.0 compatible computer.
- Easy, Flexible Direct Printing Options
- The Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the camera to a Canon Direct Photo Printer or PictBridge supported printer, press the Print/Share button and print. The Direct Print feature allows for image preview and editing (including cropping) on the camera when connected to a compatible printer. Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images directly to a computer (Windows).