The Garner Hard Drive Degausser, Model HD-3 (110-125VAC, 50/60 Hz) is the most innovative product in the Garner line of degaussers.
The HD-3 erases hard drives and high coercivity tape media including all formats of LTO (1, 2, and 3), SuperDLT I & II, DLT, 9940, 3592, AIT, 8mm and more, all without any adapters.
With a continuous duty rating (no cooling necessary) and 10 second cycle time, even large quantities of media can be erased in a very short period of time.
If your company is dealing with sensitive material that needs to be destroyed after a certain amount of time, a Garner Degausser is an indispensable addition to your inventory.
An additional benefit of degaussing is that there will be no need to purchase additional blanks tapes. Erased tapes can be used as many times as they can be re-serviced. And, inasmuch as the tapes are now blank, the integrity of the new, overwritten programs will not be compromised.
- Fast, safe, and complete erasure
- Simple one button operation
- Conveniently operates from a 120 VAC outlet
- Compact and quiet design easily operates in any office environment
- HD-3 Operations
- The HD-3 is exceptionally user-friendly
- Simply slide your media into the slot on the left side of the HD-3 and push the "Erase" button
- Within two seconds your media will be completely erased and will automatically slide out of the right side of the HD-3. It just doesn't get any easier than that
- If space is at a premium, the HD-3's compact design takes up just over 1 square foot
- Degauss vs. Overwrite
- The HD-3 produces an erasing field several times stronger than the erasing fields produced by the read/write heads in hard drives and tape drives
- This makes for a deeper and more efficient erasure than software based wiping programs
- Since the HD-3 does not rely on software, the HD-3 will also completely and permanently erase failed and damaged hard drives regardless of the operating system or interface
- Government Mandates
- The HD-3 will assist you in meeting compliance standards for government mandates requiring complete elimination of sensitive information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal