The DVDirect MC5 Multi-Function DVD Recorder from Sony is a stand-alone DVD recorder that lets you easily transfer home video and digital photos to DVD discs without the need for a computer. It can be connected to almost any camcorder for real-time DVD recording. The burner even has a digital camera memory card reader to let you burn a DVD slideshow of your pictures. This is a great option for anyone who has a digital video camera or still camera and would like to burn DVDs without the need for a computer.
- Stand Alone Operation
- The burner can operate on its own, without the need for a computer connection. This allows you to archive your videos or pictures to DVD without even owning a PC. The built-in LCD screen even allows you to preview videos or pictures as they record.
- Video and Slideshow Burning
- The burner allows you to import video via S-Video, Composite, USB or FireWire connections. This allows you to connect almost any camcorder to the burner to archive your home movies to DVD. A memory card reader that supports Memory Stick, SD, SDHC, xD, and Compact Flash allows you to burn pictures from your digital camera as a DVD slideshow.
- High-Definition Video Support
- The DVDirect supports Sony's AVCHD high-definition video format. It can capture and compress this video format using H.264, allowing you to put up to 95 minutes of HD video onto a standard DVD. This disc can be played back in 1080i resolution on Blu-ray disc players. 1