The Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod with 804RC2 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head builds on the success of the 3011/3021 series. It features the Manfrotto-patented horizontal center column feature, which allows the center column to flip quickly and easily from vertical to horizontal. By extending the column to its highest vertical position, it can be swung over to horizontal without removing the head or disassembling the column itself. The ergonomics of the leg-angle release mechanism and the quick action leg locks have also been improved.
The 804RC2 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head is 20% lighter than its predecessors due to the use of Adapto material. It also features improved ergonomic design plus a counter spring system. Built into the forward/back tilt axis is a fixed spring that helps to absorb the shock of the full camera weight from crashing down. The spring also makes it easier to position the camera on this axis since it opposes some of the camera's weight.
- Center column can be quickly and easily swung from vertical to horizontal without any disassembly
- Horizontal column feature allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions
- 3-faceted center column which totally eliminates column rotation
- Redesigned more ergonomic flip locks, with only 45° of movement
- Leg warmers on 2 legs ease handling in extreme weather conditions, and help to protect the legs
- Four leg-angle settings (25, 46, 66 & 88°)