The Manfrotto 055XB Tripod System with 501HDV Pro Video Head builds on the success of the 3011/3021 series, but has been redesigned to offer even better ergonomics of the leg-angle release mechanism and improved quick action leg locks. While it can reach eye-level working heights, by using the low angle adapter built into the center column it can also be used extremely low to the ground.
The 055XB provides speedy set up coupled with added security via quick-action, lever-type leg locks, low-angle adapter and leg warmers. It is ideal for use with 35mm and light medium-format photographic cameras, along with digital or conventional type video camcorders.
The 501HDV Pro Video Head features improved drag in both axes and switchable counterbalance for the latest ultralight high-definition camcorders. A sliding camera plate helps balance uneven payloads due to outboard batteries or matte boxes, while dual rosettes permit left- or two-handed pan arm configurations. A rear-mounted spirit level facilitates rapid setups.
- 3-faceted center column which totally eliminates column rotation
- Redesigned, more ergonomic flip locks--with only 45° of movement
- Leg warmers on 2 legs ease handling in extreme weather conditions and help protect the legs
- Built-in low-angle adapter in the center column for ground level shots
- Four leg-angle settings (25, 46, 66 and 88°)
- Fixed counterbalance optimized for 5.5 lb (2.5 kg) payloads
- Special Teflon-coated discs (used instead of fluid cartridges) ensure smooth movement and consistent friction of the head
- Sliding camera plate for uneven camera/lens payloads
- Dual pan arm rosettes for left- or two-handed configurations