The Fujifilm FinePix S8000fd Digital Camera is an 8-Megapixel, SLR-styled camera that features an incredible Fujinon 18x Wide Angle Optical Zoom lens. With a 27-486mm equivalent focal length (in 35mm terms), it eliminates the need for additional zoom or wide angle lenses, and it's a sealed system, which prevents dust contamination of the camera body. The S8000fd also features a high ISO equivalency of ISO 1600 at full-resolution, and can achieve ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 at 4 megapixel resolution. Such high light sensitivities allow for faster shutter speeds, which reduce blurring caused by both camera shake and subject movement.
This easy-to-operate camera allows users to select from 13 automatic scene settings, including a 'Sunset mode' to emphasize vivid colors, a 'Beach and Snow mode' for minimizing glare in bright situations, and a 'Party mode' for indoor settings, allowing images to retain the natural ambience of the scene in low-light conditions. The FinePix S8000fd also features Dual Image Stabilization - which combines mechanical sensor shift stabilization with Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Technology to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement. You can frame your shots, or view your pictures and video clips on the high resolution 2.5" LCD Display right on the back of the camera.
Other helpful features found on the FinePix S8000fd include the i-Flash Intelligent Flash System which results in an image that displays pleasing, natural tones without a "washed-out" effect; Full Manual Photographic Control for total control of the camera settings; a Movie Mode that capture VGA quality clips at 30 fps with sound; High-Speed Continuous Shooting with the ability to capture up to 15 frames per second (at 2MP resolution); compatiblity with xD-Picture, SD and SDHC type memory cards; and it even uses common AA-Type batteries for the ultimate in convenience and accessibility.
- Compact SLR-styled Camera
- The S8000fd offers much of the advanced functionality found on a bulky digital SLR camera without the weight, or hassle of changing lenses, and at a much lower cost. The 18x wide angle optical zoom is all the lenses you need in one. And because it's fixed, there's no possibility of dust getting onto the sensor or into the camera body.
- 8 Megapixel CCD
- The 8-megapixel CCD sensor produces sharp, high-resolution pictures with brilliant color that look great, even when enlarged for printing.
- 18x Wide Angle Zoom Lens
- The Fujinon 18x Optical Zoom lens built onto the FinePix S8000fd provides unprecedented flexibility in a compact SLR body style camera. With a 27-486mm equivalent, the need for additional zoom or wide angle lenses is gone - this extraordinary lens is all you need. At the wide end of its focal range, the FinePix S8000fd gives you a full 27mm wide-angle perspective. This lets you fit groups of people or expansive landscapes into your pictures with ease. The wide-angle setting also gives your photos a pleasing sense of depth and dimension and lets you experiment with special techniques. the camera also has impressive macro capability with a Super Macro mode that lets you move in to the subject as close as 0.4" (1cm) for high-impact full-frame close-ups.
- Dual Image Stabilization
- The FinePix S8000fd gives you the best of both worlds where image stabilization is concerned. With industry standard mechanical image stabilization, the photographer's hand is steadied for a clearer, blur free shot. Add to that the addition of Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Technology, and increased clarity and sharpness is achieved, even in low light conditions or when shooting moving subjects. The combination of the two is the ultimate in stabilization technology.
- High Sensitivity
- The FinePix S8000fd provides incredible light sensitivity while maintaining low image noise and accurate color with up to ISO 1600 available at full resolution. Additionally the camera can provide astounding sensitivity capability at lower resolutions with up to ISO 3200 and ISO 6400 available with images of 4 megapixel resolution or less. Now you can take natural light pictures under conditions where even human vision may have difficulty discerning the details.
- High-Speed Continuous Shooting
- The FinePix S8000fd offers a high-speed continuous shooting mode that captures up to 15 frames per second in a burst, even if the subject is moving.
- Face Detection with Automatic Red-Eye Removal
- The S8000fd features Fujifilm's Face Detection technology, identifying up to 10 faces in a framed scene. Once faces are identified and prioritized, the S8000fd adjusts its focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. The S8000fd also includes an Automatic Red Eye Removal feature. In this mode, the camera instantly checks each detected face for red eye, and if it's found, corrects it automatically, saving you from the time consuming process of fixing it in your PC after the image is downloaded.
- Convenient Mode Dial
- Choose a shooting mode to match the situation and you are ready with the ideal settings for everything from shutter speed and exposure to white balance. An intuitive interface lets you confirm settings on the LCD and provides brief text explanations that take the guesswork out of digital photography.
- i-Flash Intelligent Flash
- The i-Flash Intelligent Flash System calculates subject position, camera distance and brightness of the scene, and automatically adjusts sensitivity and flash output to give you attractive, accurately exposed flash photos with clear background detail. Furthermore in situations when you're not sure whether the flash is needed, the "Natural Light & with Flash" mode takes the same photo with and without flash with a single press of the shutter. The resulting shots can be displayed side-by-side for comparison and selection.
- Built-in Memory and Dual Media Slots
- The FinePix S8000fd includes an impressive 58MB of built-in memory so you'll be able to begin shooting, right out of the box. Plus the camera memory can be expanded to over 2GB with either xD-Picture Card or the popular Secure Digital (SD) and even higher capacities are possible with Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Cards.
- 2.5" High Resolution LCD Display
- The large, 2.5" high-resolution LCD display permits a more sophisticated icon-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) with unique features like on-screen user assist functions, and the Micro Thumbnail mode that displays 100 thumbnails at a time. Furthermore, the LCD is coated with a Wide View film that offers an expanded viewing angle to facilitates creative composition and comes in handy for viewing and sharing your pictures. plus an anti-glare coating on the surface also makes it easier to see the LCD screen in bright light or outdoor shooting and viewing situations.
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
- In addition to the 2.5-inch LCD, the FinePix S8000fd gives you the option of framing your shots through a bright, clear 230,000-pixel electronic viewfinder (EVF). With a refresh rate of 60 frames per second, images in the viewfinder appear smooth and natural.
- Uses Common AA-size Batteries
- the FinePix S8000fd uses common AA-size batteries for the ultimate in convenience and accessibility. Using AA batteries means in a pinch, more batteries are just moments away at any Drug Store, Convenience Store, or dozens of other retailers near by. Additionally, rechargeable AA batteries may also be used to extend the life and performance of the camera without purchasing disposable batteries over and over. It's truly the best of both worlds.