The CAM Engineering Reporter Flash Ring is a tool that is ideal for reporters and event photographers. It allows any flash to rotate around the camera's optical axes, and keeps the flash centered above the lens in either horizontal or vertical camera positions. The bracket will not restrict your hand's access to the vertical grip or vertical shutter release button when the camera is in the "portrait" position.
The flash is mounted on a slider which is designed for high stability and effortless swing of the flash with one hand. No locking or unlocking is required to secure the flash in either position. The unit is light and compact so it can be kept attached to the camera at all times.
- Fits any SLR with built-in or attached vertical grip & tripod socket centered under lens (SLR cameras w/o grip can be used with optional RFR105 universal adapter)
- Accepts any flash with hot shoe through standard off-camera TTL cable (not included)
- The ring's diameter (I.D. 4.6") is big enough to provide room for the largest lenses used by event photographers and small enough not to restrict any camera operations
- Unique slider mechanism provides two self-locking flash positions 90° apart
- Precision machined, rigid, all aluminum construction adds only 9 oz to the camera's weight
- Camera with mounted unit can rest on a flat surface when not in use
- Does not restrict access to the lens locking mechanism used for swapping lenses
- The ring's position can be adjusted 3/4" front-to-back to allow access to controls on various lens types