The Vegas Pro 8 Video Editing Software for Windows from Sony is a powerful nonlinear editing suite with professional DVD authoring capabilities. Vegas features precise editing tools that deliver an efficient and professional video workflow. Vegas also delivers tools for audio production for video, giving you a complete solution for any Windows-based NLE editing workflow.
- Editing Tools
- Vegas features powerful editing tools that give you full drag-and-drop functionality when working with your timeline. You can edit SD and HD projects using mouse or keyboard trimming tools as well as ripple editing modes. Vegas supports enhanced video monitoring, customizable window layouts, color-coded snapping and support for HDV, SDI, and XDCAM formats.
- Professional Editing Workflow
- The software interface features a fully customizable workspace that facilitates a wide range of production requirements. You can dock multiple windows across multiple monitors, save layouts to fit specific tasks and even nest Vegas projects within the timeline. Vegas supports customized keyboard commands and application scripting to perform repetitive tasks.
- Audio Control Tools
- You'll find a wealth of audio control tools in Vegas. It allows for unlimited tracks of audio, 24-bit/192 kHz support, on the fly punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation and time compress/expand. More than 30 customizable audio effects are included to expand processing and mixing options.
- DVD Authoring
- Vegas features a powerful DVD authoring suite that allows you to create DVD discs that feature multiple angles, subtitles, languages and even running audio commentary. A number of image-correction filters are included to optimize your video for the DVD format, and you can even include CSS and Macrovision protection on your master discs. You'll even be able to burn HD content on Blu-ray discs, direct from the timeline.