The PCM-D50 continues the Sony tradition of offering high-quality and affordable solutions for portable field recording. This compact recorder offers 24-bit/96kHz stereo WAV recording to a built-in 4GB flash drive, with a Memory Stick Pro HG Duo card slot for added capacity. Perfect for location sound recordists, journalists, musicians, and more, the PCM-D50 has a sturdy and lightweight aluminum housing designed to withstand the trials of professional use.
The recorder is fitted with stereo microphones that can be positioned in an X/Y or wide pattern, and operates on four standard AA batteries for up to 14 hours of operation at 16-bit/44.1kHz recording. Recording features include five seconds of pre-record, Dual Digital Limiting to prevent distortion, and more. Playback functions include digital pitch control, A/B repeat, and more. It's easy to transfer your recordings to a Mac or PC with simple drag-and-drop file transfer via a high-speed USB connection.
- Compact two-channel professional audio recorder
- Records high-quality WAV files at up to 24-bit/96kHz for better-than-DAT sound
- Records to a 4GB internal flash drive, or to Memory Stick Pro HG Duo cards for additional storage
- Two re-positionable mics built-in
- Operates on four standard AA batteries
- Dual Digital Limiter feature to minimize distortion
- Pre-record buffer records up to five seconds of audio before you hit the record button
- Super Bit Mapping technology for a wide dynamic range
- MP3 playback function
- Digital Pitch Control allows you to slow playback down without affecting the pitch
- A/B repeat playback
- Drag-and-drop file transfer to Mac or PC via high-speed USB
- Lightweight and durable aluminum construction