The Stroboframe QRC is a compact, low-profile quick release that automatically docks and locks your camera or bracket to a tripod. It is also perfect for use with studio stands and copy stands. The entire system consists of a QR Receiver mounted to the tripod, and a QR Plate attached to the camera. (NOTE: Many Stroboframe brackets have an Integral QR Plate already built in).
The QRC system is fully compatible with all 35mm and medium format cameras. You can use any of the Camera Anti-Twist Plates listed here as accessories to prohibit twisting of the camera upon the quick release plate, which is especially prone to happening when heavier camera/lens combinations are positioned vertically.
The unique QRC Quick-Release system has many other applications. Use it with copy stands for faster, convenient film reloading without disturbing the setup, or for mounting spotting scopes for birding and target shooting.
- Speedy Connection/Disconnection
- The QRC quickly and positively connects and disconnects, with a distinctive snapping sound. Other systems featuring vise-like devices are much slower to adjoin and separate, and do not communicate their status with any easily perceived audible signal.
- Visually-Obvious Locked/Unlocked Status
- It is always visually apparent whether the QRC base unit is locked or unlocked.
- Large Variety of Stroboframe Anti-Twist Plates
- Several optional anti-twist plates fit between the quick release plate and camera, to provide supremely secure connection free of twist or creep. Many different styles are offered to yield the best fit for your particular camera. When properly installed, you can use your camera in the vertical orientation with a heavy lens with absolute assurance that it will stay pointing exactly where you've directed it.
- Base Unit Directly Accepts Many Stroboframe Flash Brackets
- Many of Stroboframe's flash brackets have a quick release plate built in to their base, allowing direct attachment of the bracket in to the QRC receiver.