The Sony PFD-50 is a professional dual layer laser-disk recording medium for the XDCAM series of camcorders. This product supplies 50 gigabytes of storage, superior durability realized through an advanced cartridge design and rotating shutter mechanism. Record up to 4 hours of HD quality video when shooting with MPEG HD420 mode @18 Mbps. It's the perfect acquisition medium for long continuous recordings such as event shooting, sports, entertainment, and court proceedings.
- The dual layer design more than doubles the storage capacity and recording capabilities of the original single-layer version
- A large recording capacity of 50GB (about ten times that of a DVD disc) is realized on a disc of the same size.
- It is a high-reliability disc with long-term storage capability of over 50 years
- Highly durable, shock resistant polycarbonate resin is utilized for the upper and lower shells
- An anti-static resin is utilized on the disc opening