The DRM85LI FlashMic from HHB is a high-quality handheld microphone with a built-in digital audio recorder. The ideal tool for field journalists, the FlashMic offers broadcast-quality recordings in a rugged, easy-to-use design.
The mic has a Sennheiser condenser microphone capsule with an omni-directional pickup pattern for recording every nuance of your environment. The body is designed to withstand the rigors of day-to-day use in the field, and to offer a convenient, portable, easy-to-use experience. An internal mic preamp offers manual or automatic gain control, and the built-in 1GB flash memory chip offers up to 18 hours of recording time.
The FlashMic operates on two standard AA batteries, and will operate for approximately six hours. The backlit LCD display shows time, level, and status information. The USB interface allows you to quickly and easily transfer recordings to a Mac or PC for editing and sharing. A built-in headphone amplifier with a volume control lets you review your recordings in the FlashMic.
A bantam TT jack line-level input on the base of the mic body, combined with the included XLR to bantam cable, allows you to record a press conference feed. You can then easily switch back to recording interviews or commentary using the internal mic capsule.
Other great features of the FlashMic include a real-time clock for time-stamping your recordings, a battery life indicator, a 0-10 second pre-record buffer, and a switchable high-pass filter. Whether you're recording live interviews on the street, or a press conference in a large convention hall, the FlashMic is the perfect all-in-one professional recording tool for terrific results with minimal effort.
- Rugged construction for day-to-day professional use
- Convenient portable design
- High-quality Sennheiser condenser mic capsule with an omni-directional pickup pattern for recording sounds in all directions
- Mic capsule is specially shock-mounted to minimize handling noise
- Line-level input for recording news feeds
- Built-in preamp with manual for automatic gain control
- 1GB internal flash memory for recording up to 18 hours of audio
- Records Broadcast WAV or MP2 files in a variety of sample rates
- USB port for exporting audio to a Mac or PC. Both USB 2.0 and 1.1 are supported
- Software included for converting audio to MP3 format during computer transfer
- Backlit LCD for informational display
- Built-in headphone amp with volume control for listening to recordings
- Operates for approximately six hours on two AA batteries
- Real-time clock for time-stamping recordings
- Adjustable 0-10 second pre-record buffer
- Switchable high-pass filter