The Vixen Universal Digital Camera Adapter is used to connect a compact camera to an astronomical telescope. It is designed to pinch the outer rim of the eyepiece of the optical device, so it can accommodate various sizes of eyepieces.
Slow motion control is equipped on the camera mount. The camera can be moved freely in both vertical and horizontal directions, making it easy to adjust the optical axis.
- Applicable telescopes
- 31.7mm LV eyepiece lenses or PL12,17, 20, 25, 32, 40mm eyepiece lenses should be attached. 1
Cameras that can be connected to the Universal Camera Adapter
- The 1/4-20 screw hole(Size: W 1/4") must be at the bottom of the camera.
- The maximum loading weight is about 1.8 lbs (800g). 2
- The height from the bottom to a center of the lens must be in the range, 1-3.7" (25-95mm).
When the camera is at full extent
- The length (depth) from the 1/4-20 screw hole to the head of the lens (at the maximum stretch) must be from 1.2-2.4" (30-62mm).
- The width between the center of the lens and the 1/4-20 screw hole on the bottom must be within 2" (50mm).