The Fast Track Ultra from M-Audio is a high-speed, 8 x 8 USB 2.0 recording interface, that delivers four "Octane" technology, phantom powered preamps and features on-board DSP. It allows for recording on all eight channels simultaneously with 24-bit/96kHz fidelity.
An on-board MX Core DSP mixer processes eight hardware inputs and eight software returns to the eight hardware outputs, delivering flexible routing and monitoring with delay and reverb. The eight individual DSP cores also deliver near-zero latency monitoring.
Two completely independent headphone outputs take advantage of the DSP mixer's powerful routing options and allow for creating two different mixes for performers, complete with reverb and delay. The unit can be USB powered, albeit with restricted I/Os.
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface with 24-bit/96kHz audio on all I/O simultaneously
- MX Core DSP technology provides digital effects processing with assignable parameters and flexible channel routing options
- Four XLR microphone inputs including two XLR/TRS combo jacks for microphone or instrument level input
- 20dB pad on each preamp and signal/peak LED indicator lights
- Phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Six balanced line inputs and six balanced outputs
- Two analog inserts
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- Built-in 1 x 1 MIDI interface
- Two independent headphone outputs with individual volume controls
- Full ASIO 2.0, WDM, MME and Core Audio support
- USB bus powered for restricted performance (requires included power supply for full I/O performance) 1
- Bundled with Ableton Live Lite 6 software