Canon's follow-up to the popular HV20, the VIXIA HV30 HDV High Definition Camcorder, continues the tradition of excellence from this legendary company. As before, record your memories in true 1920 x 1080 HD to MiniDV tapes for stunning image quality each and every time. When you prefer to shoot stills capture them in 3.1Mp to miniSD cards (sold separately).
The 10x optical zoom, 1/2.7" CMOS sensor with the RGB Primary Color Filter, HD Video Lens and 2.7" widescreen LCD all work together for the most accurate, rich video and stills possible in a consumer camcorder. SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) keeps your images free from shaky video by correcting for a wide range of camera motion. DIGIC DVII, specifically developed for still images ensures superior color reproduction for skin tones, and light and dark scenes.
24p Cinema mode gives your video that film-like feel while 30p Progressive Mode works great when capturing action shots or footage meant for the internet. The HDMI output provides a hassle-free HD connection of both audio and video in a single cable. Add external video lights, microphones and flashes via the Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal and utilize the USB 2.0 for fast transfer of still images.
Canon's strong showing with the HV30 covers all the bases and then some, ensuring that everything you loved about the HV20 is still present this time around.
- Full 1920 x 1080 HD
- Record in full 1920 x 1080 HD to MiniDV cassettes. When playing back video on your HD widescreen TV the 16:9 format fits your screen perfectly, now and in the future.
- Canon HD Video Lens
- The HD Video Lens with 10x optical zoom demonstrates the quality Canon's lenses are known for. Capture every moment with three pre-set zoom speeds for smooth, accurate close-up and zoom shots. The Super spectra coating protects your images from the flare and glare that plagues video and stills, especially when shooting outdoors. Clean, accurate video and higher resolution are thanks to the new aspheric lens design that decreases aberration and increases resolution while the new gradation ND system corrects the image when recording in bright situations.
- Full HD 2.96Mp 1/2.7" CMOS Image Sensor
- This CMOS records your images in true 1920 x 1080 HD resulting in beautiful, accurate images. Canon's proprietary noise reduction technology reduces image noise, even in low-light situations, further improving the already stunning image quality. The RGB Primary Color Filter with Bayer Pattern separates light into red, green and blue for images that come out rich and natural-looking every time.
- DIGIC DVII
- DIGIC DVII, unlike its predecessor DIGIC DV, is specially designed for HD image capture. Your video and still images will look better than ever in HD thanks to improved color reproduction for skin tones and light and dark situations. This processor also reduces image noise with two types of noise reduction for clean, crisp video and stills. There's more, the DIGIC DVII also provides for faster shooting of still images - up to 5 (3.1Mp) images per second.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's own SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) corrects for a variety of camera motion, not just hand shake. Fast vibrations, like a moving car, medium-speed motion when hand hold recording, and the slower motion of body sway are all accounted for. Even shooting at long focal lengths SuperRange OIS comes through with a clean, stable shot.
- Instant AF (Auto Focus)
- The Instant AF on the HV30 uses an external sensor along with Canon's autofocus system to ensure that you get the clear, accurate images that are crucial when recording in HD.
- 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
- The widescreen LCD display of the HV30 presents accurate, clear images each and every time, especially helpful when you are composing or sharing video with friends or family on playback. A wider range of viewing angles also helps. The hard coat AR surface and improved color reproduction helps ensure that what you capture is truer to the actual scene.
- 24p Cinema Mode
- By changing the camera's frame capture rate to 24p you can give your video that film-look with the 24p Cinema Mode. The CINE setting will further enhance your video by increasing richness in color and tone. Use both settings together or separately to create your desired look and feel.
- 30p Progressive Mode
- Usually only found in the professional camera market 30p Progressive Mode allows you to shoot at 30p as opposed to the standard video frame rate of 60i. Use this function video you plan to post to the Internet or for action shots and see the difference!
- 3.1Mp Digital Photography
- Capture still images to a miniSD card with up to 3.1Mp of resolution (2.76Mp in 4:3). DIGIC DVII technology further improves your digital still capture by increasing your camera's response time for shooting up to 5 images per second while Instant AF ensures crisp, clean shots every time.
- HDMI Terminal
- With the HDMI output terminal a single cable connects your audio and video to your HDTV for playback.
- Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal
- The Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal on the HV30 allows you to attach video lights, flashes or microphones to the camcorder for professional quality results.
- Share and print your still images with the touch of the button using a PictBridge compatible printer via the included USB cable.
- miniSD Card Slot
- Use high capacity, petite sized miniSD cards (sold separately) to store all of your digital photos.
- Wireless Remote
- Use the wireless remote to control your HV30 when you want to be in the picture too.
- Analog - Digital Converter
- Convert your analog video to HD using the Analog - Digital Converter. Simply connect the HV30 to your VCR, TV or analog camcorder to record the footage to HD miniDV tapes. You can also use this converter as a signal converter between an analog and digital device.
- Built-in Electronic Lens Cover
- You'll never lose your lens cover again. When the camera turns on the cover automatically opens. When you turn it off the cover closes.