The Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH is a feature-rich, pocket-sized, Digital Camera with 8.0 megapixel resolution, a sharp and fast 3x optical zoom lens, and features Canon's advanced Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) system that significantly reduces the image-blurring effects, and helps users achieve the best possible picture quality even in low-light shooting conditions. The camera incorporates Canon's proprietary DIGIC III processor that provides the cameras fast start up, fast autofocus and quick shutter response times, and also improves both the image quality of the camera as well as reducing its power consumption, thereby extending the battery life under typical shooting conditions.
Canon's precise 9-point Autofocus system along with the AF-Point Zoom feature work together with Face Detection Technology to allow users to double check the facial expressions of their subjects, when shooting under more challenging conditions. There are also 18 shooting modes including a fully automatic mode; a semi-automatic "Camera M" mode which allows access to features such as Exposure Compensation and White Balance adjustments for greater creative control.
Streamlining the image review process, Canon's Intelligent Orientation Sensor determines whether a scene is being shot as a vertical or horizontal image and automatically adjusts it for quick and easy review on the camera's bright, sharp and easy-to-read, 230,000-pixel 2.5 inch Pure Color LCD II screen. The Image Inspection Tool feature zooms in on faces automatically during playback to quickly check facial expressions, and the camera also features Automatic Red Eye Correction and in-Camera Photo Trimming.
- 8.0 Megapixel Resolution
- The 8.0 megapixel resolution of the SD1100 Digital ELPH ensures that images are captured with all the detail needed for large photo quality prints.
- 3x Optical Zoom Lens
- The genuine Canon 3x optical zoom lens on the SD1100 Digital ELPH performs with all the clarity and brilliance you'd expect from the world's leader in advanced optics technology. The lens incorporates Canon UA lens elements - a type of glass-molded aspherical lens that has an ultra high refractive index, and is typically found on canon professional SLR lenses. The 3x Zoom range can handle most typical shooting situations while the 4x digital zoom is included to get extra close with a combined zoom rage of 12x.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's optical image stabilizer counteracts the camera shake caused by slight hand movements. This adds stability to hand-held, telephoto or moving shots and enables shooting at shutter speeds of up to three stops slower than typical with no noticeable increase in image blur.
- DIGIC III Image Processor
- Delivering fast, responsive camera performance and superb image rendering, the DIGIC III processor drives Canon's Fast AiAF, and incorporates iSAPS scene-recognition technology using an internal database of thousands of different photos to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- Face Detection Technology
- The DIGIC III processor in the PowerShot SD1100 IS features Face Detection AF/AE, which finds up to 9 faces in the frame and sets the most suitable focus point when the shutter button is pressed halfway. In addition, Face Detection AE adjusts exposure and flash settings to ensure proper illumination of both the faces and the overall scene, eliminating the common problem of darkened or overexposed faces.
- Face Selection and Motion Detection
- The Face Selection feature allows the photographer to lock on to a single face in the crowd, ensuring that the chosen face is finely focused, no matter where it appears in the frame. Additionally, the Motion Detection function linked to the camera's High ISO Auto mode improves image clarity by raising ISO speeds (and shutter speeds) for fast-moving subjects or lowering ISO speeds to reduce noise when the subject is stationary. These automatic advances provide even more ways for the PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital ELPH cameras to optimize picture quality with seamless ease.
- Slim, Stylish Design
- The SD1100 Digital ELPH has a chic modern look, using Canon's acclaimed Perpetual Curve design, and comes in an array of vibrant colors.
- High ISO Sensitivity
- The PowerShot SD1100 features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater flexibility for shooting.
- Flexible Movie Mode
- You can select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels), with frame rates of 30 fps and 15 fps for more typical movie recording. Compact Movie Mode records QQVGA (160 x 120 pixels) resolution at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes to send video by e-mail or put on a website. Finally, Time Lapse records VGA video (640 x 480) at 1 or 2 second intervals then plays back at 15 fps for beautiful fast motion.
- 18 Shooting Modes and My Colors Photo Effects
- The PowerShot SD1100 has 18 easy-to-use shooting modes including a wide selection of Special Scene modes such as Portrait, Indoor and Night Snapshot, and you can quickly access these modes via the Touch Control Dial. The camera also includes My Colors photo effects which allow artistic photo effects to be applied in-camera both during and after shooting.
- High-resolution 2.5" PureColor LCD II Display
- The 2.5" LCD PureColor LCD II Display screen provides vivid, high-resolution viewing with spectacular color, and contrast even when viewed at an angle, and it is protected by a scratch-resistant anti-reflection coating for easy on-camera viewing. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light-a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images. Whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images, the PureColor LCD II screen offers a crisp, clear picture to make shooting, playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient.
- Red-Eye Correction in Playback
- The red-eye correction feature automatically detects and corrects instances of red-eye - making your pictures look more professional, however, if red-eye is present and is not automatically detected, it can easily be corrected manually during playback mode right in the camera.
- Easy, Flexible Direct Printing Options
- The Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the camera to a Canon Direct Photo Printer or PictBridge supported printer, press the Print/Share button and print. The Direct Print feature allows for image preview and editing (including cropping) on the camera when connected to a compatible printer. Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images directly to a computer (Windows).