Rugged, powerful and portable, the Canon PIXMA iP100 Compact Color Inkjet Photo Printer is a versatile mobile printer that delivers exceptional performance at home or on the road. Its patented print head technology and 4-color ink system let you create spectacular photos with impressive detail and clarity, while providing exceptional quality for all of your business documents from cover letters to full color presentations. The Canon Pixma iP100 Photo Printer is also fast - with print speeds of up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) for black and up to 14 ppm for color. You can also produce borderless prints, with stunning edge-to-edge quality and razor-sharp detail - and in only about 50 seconds, you can print a 4" x 6" photo with the look and feel of a traditional photograph.
The printer includes the Canon exclusive Auto Image Fix feature that helps you produce amazing results on all your photos. First, it categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then it applies optimal image correction accordingly. For further convenience, you can connect any PictBridge compatible digital camera or DV camcorder directly to the iP100 printer and print photos-no PC required.
The Canon Pixma iP100 is also a Green Product, applying a number of Canon's Generation Green characteristics. There are printing options such as 4-in-1 & 2-in-1 printing that allow users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply. The Ink Saver Mode allows you to use less ink when printing in order to make your ink supply last longer and reduce the number of wasted ink cartridges. (Note: This may affect the quality of photo printing.) The Pixma iP100 is ENERGY STAR compliant with an Auto Power On/Off feature and RoHS Compliant, and Recycled Plastics are used in the printer wherever possible.
The lightweight Canon PIXMA iP100 Mobile Printer fits easily onto a desk with limited space or into a carry-on, making it the perfect laptop companion for business or personal travel, and it offers a number of features and accessories that make it easier to conduct business outside of the office. It provides IrDA compatibility and an optional BU-30 Bluetooth interface, so you can print wirelessly from a PC, PDA or camera phone. There is also an optional LK-62 Lithium Ion battery with an approximate 290 page life per charge.
- Exceptional Photographic Details
- With a resolution of up to 9600 x 2400 dpi for color and 600 x 600 dpi for black, Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology and consistent droplets as small as 2 picoliters, you'll get incredible text and photo output.
- Fast Printing
- Print text and graphics at speeds up to 20 ppm for black and up to 14 ppm for color. And you can print a photo quality 4 x 6" borderless photo in approximately 50 seconds
- Long Lasting Borderless Photos
- Print borderless photographs in common sizes such as 4x6", 5x7", 8x10" and 8.5x11" that have the look and feel of traditional photographs.
- Print On-the-Go
- For maximum portability, a rechargeable battery kit is available so the printer can be used just about anywhere.
- Wireless Printing Capable from Select Devices
- The iP100 printer offers both IrDA* compatibility and an optional Bluetooth interface enabling you to print wirelessly from a PC, PDA or mobile phone. 1
- PictBridge Direct Printing
- With the convenience of direct photo printing, simply connect any PictBridge-compatible digital camera or DV camcorder, and print! This PC-free process eliminates the need to be tied to your computer saving you time.
- Green Features
- The Pixma iP100 is a Canon 'Generation Green' product with options such as 4-in-1 & 2-in-1 printing allowing users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving paper, and the Ink Saver Mode allows you to use less ink when printing. The Pixma iP100 is ENERGY STAR compliant with an Auto Power On/Off feature, is RoHS Compliant, and Recycled Plastics are used in the printer wherever possible.
Note:Logos are trademarks of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
Reprinted from www.pcmag.com, September 7, 2010, with permission. 2010 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.