The Olympus Stylus 1030SW Digital Camera is incredibly durable, combining rugged body construction with shock-absorbing materials and waterproof seals, making it the pocket camera of choice for divers, surfers, skiers, and all sorts of adventure seekers who wish to document their experiences in pictures and video.
The rugged metal body and revolutionary shock-absorbing construction are designed to withstand a 6.6-foot fall or other impact, while the innovative waterproof seals and gaskets allow you to take underwater movies and pictures as deep as 33 feet. The camera is also freezeproof, so that it can function at below-freezing temperatures as low as -14°F (perfect for skiing and other winter activities), and it is even crush resistant to a load of 220 pounds.
The Stylus 1030SW incorporates a high quality 3.6x wide angle zoom lens and a capture resolution of 10.1 megapixels to provide beautiful images. Plus it is loaded with features to make shooting easy and fun. An extensive selection of shooting modes built into the camera cover many common shooting situations including Candle, Sports and Underwater modes. Users are therefore ready to take perfect shots with a minimum of fuss and effort.
Other unique features include Face Detection which tracks faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. It also has Digital Image Stabilization that uses the camera's high ISO sensitivity and faster shutter speeds to freeze the action and capture sharp blur-free images, even if you or your subject is moving.
In addition, the camera has a built-in LED that illuminates your subjects when you can't use a flash - perfect for shooting macro or low-light portraits. The camera also features 14.7MB of internal built-in memory and an xD-Picture Card slot that allows you to expand the memory to over 2GB, providing enough storage capacity for hundreds of images.
- Shockproof, Waterproof, Freezeproof & Crushproof
- The Stylus 1030SW is Shockproof with a durable metal body, floating circuit board and an innovative shock-absorbing construction to protect it from drops of up to 6.6 feet. It uses a revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets which keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 33 feet underwater. It is Freezeproof so that it will function perfectly in temperatures as cold as -10°C/14°F - making it a perfect camera for a trip to the great outdoors. And it is even Crushproof - designed to withstand up to 220 pounds of pressure so your camera and images are always protected. Furthermore, the airtight design makes the camera impervious to dust, dirt and other particles that can degrade the camera over time.
- 10.1 Megapixel Resolution
- The Stylus 1030SW with its 10.1 megapixel image sensor delivers high-quality images that are consistently sharp and vivid even when printed in large formats - perfect for creating, poster-size enlargements or even crop, without losing detail.
- 3.6x Wide-angle Optical Zoom Lens
- The Stylus 1030SW uses an ultra-compact 3.6x wide-angle zoom lens that is made from precision-crafted glass - plus it uses a special prism design so the lens does not extend out of the camera body when in use. The wider field of view is great for shooting landscapes, underwater scenery, group portraits and amazing panoramic pictures. There is also a 5x digital zoom available for a combined zoom capability of 18x.
- Digital Image Stabilization
- Digital Image Stabilization freezes the action with high ISO sensitivity and fast shutter speeds that prevent blurry images often caused by a moving subject.
- TruePic III Image Processor
- The exclusive Olympus TruePic III image processor was developed for the demanding performance of Digital SLR (single lens reflex) cameras - it helps to produces crystal clear photos using all the pixel information for each image to deliver superior picture quality with less image noise, more accurate colors, and true-to-life flesh tones - it also promotes faster processing speeds.
- Face Detection Technology
- Face Detection Technology tracks faces within the frame and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. Even if your subjects are moving, the camera continuously tracks your subjects' faces without having to press the shutter button.
- Shadow Adjustment Feature
- Bring out the details in the shadow and capture scenes exactly as you see them. While the human eye is capable of detecting the nuances between dark and light and all the details in between, image sensors traditionally have not been quite as sensitive. The Stylus cameras address this challenge head-on with its innovative Shadow Adjustment Technology, which compensates for extreme contrast where the shadow areas are underexposed and lack visible detail.
- Perfect Shot Preview
- The Perfect Shot Preview mode enables users to preview and select various photographic effects on a live, multi-window screen before snapping the shot, ensuring users are capturing the exact image they want. It is an ideal way for novice users to learn about the effects of different photography techniques, such as zoom, exposure compensation, white balance and metering.
- Panorama Mode
- The In-Camera Panorama mode captures three images and stitches them together to create one amazing panoramic picture. Simply press the shutter button and slowly pan across a panoramic scene. (Requires Olympus Brand xD-Picture Card)
- TV-quality Video Recording
- The Stylus 1030SW includes a high quality movie mode that captures VGA resolution video at a rate of 30 fps with sound - even when underwater - so you can use your compact digital still camera to produce superb video clips, and leave the camcorder at home.
- Preset Shooting Modes
- The Stylus 1030SW offers a broad range of shooting modes to make it easy to take great photos in a variety of scenarios and lighting situations. Simply select the desired mode for portraits, landscapes, night scenes, fast-action, macro and more. Some of the preset modes also provide Shooting Assist Functions such as the Shooting Guide and Frame Assist functions.
- 2.7" HyperCrystal II LCD Display
- The Stylus 1030SW boasts a high-resolution 2.7-inch HyperCrystal II LCD provides an extra-wide viewing angle with high contrast and anti-glare technology for clear visibility, even when composing pictures in bright sunlight.
- Built-in Manometer
- As an aid to divers and mountain climbers, the built-in, on-screen manometer can measure air and water pressure to calculate the altitude and depth of your photos.
- In-Camera Editing with Perfect Fix
- Correct shooting mistakes instantly with Perfect Fix. Featuring Red-Eye Fix Lighting Fix, and other in-camera editing features such as resizing, frames, text options, color brightness and saturation adjustments, Perfect Fix enables users to edit photos right in the camera.
- Includes Olympus Master 2 Software
- Olympus Master 2 Software provides the ultimate in digital imaging management. An intuitive user interface makes downloading to your computer quick and simple, and images are easily organized by folders or albums and searchable by date in Calendar view. Additionally, with one-click editing tools, such as red-eye removal, images can be touched up before printing or e-mailing. Online support, templates, firmware upgrades and other user services are just a mouse-click away. Use the optional Muvee Theater Pack to create professional quality slide shows and DVDs from your pictures using any of several built-in templates.