The DAC1 PRE is a reference-quality, two-channel 192kHz, 24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter, featuring Benchmark's UltraLock technology. The converter is designed for maximum transparency and is well suited for critical playback in studio control rooms and in mastering rooms. The compact and rugged enclosure makes the unit an excellent choice for location recording, broadcast facilities and mobile trucks. With six stereo inputs and four stereo analog outputs, the DAC1 PRE anchors expansive media systems and provides a pristine audio path from source to amplifier.
The unit features the exact same topography as the original DAC1 and the DAC1 USB. The USB input provides bit-transparent native 24-bit/96kHz capability, along with a programmable mute function. Also included is the automatic standby/resume feature and the headphone output programmable gain range. The analog inputs can be used for devices such as FM tuners, tape transports, analog VCR outputs, iPod and MP3 devices, or outputs from analog mixing consoles. An internal power supply supports all international voltages and has generous margins for over and under voltage conditions.
Note! This item has a universal power supply, but only includes an AC power cord for 110V use.
- Reference quality, two-channel 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog audio converter with "preamp"
- Designed to connect directly to power amplifiers and/or powered monitors
- "Preamp" functions include input selection and volume control
- Six stereo inputs - one analog (RCA), one computer (USB), one optical (TOSLink), and three coaxial (RCA)
- Four stereo analog outputs - balanced (XLR), unbalanced (RCA), and two headphone outputs
- Rotary input selector switch with standby and on/off functions
- Two reference-grade HPA2 high-current, "0-Ω", high-output 1/4" headphone outputs
- Front-panel volume control for headphone outputs
- Front-panel volume control of all analog outputs (in Variable mode)
- Rear-panel Variable/Calibrated mode switch enables volume control of analog outputs
- Rear-panel Variable/Calibrated mode switch includes a center mute position
- In Calibrated mode, output levels are set by ten-turn trimmers (20dB Range, 2dB/turn)
- USB input supports high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz digital audio
- USB is compatible with Windows Vista/XP/2000 and Mac OS X without driver installation
- Coaxial and optical digital inputs support professional (AES) and consumer (S/PDIF) data formats at up to 24-bits/192kHz
- Benchmark's UltraLock technology eliminates jitter on all digital inputs (including USB)
- Jumper-selected low-impedance 10, 20, or 30dB pads on balanced outputs
- HPA2 gain jumpers to match gain to headphone sensitivity
- Left-most headphone jack mutes XLR and RCA outputs (feature may be disabled)
- Status LED's display input selection and error conditions
- Automatic Standby Mode activated after fifteen seconds of loss of digital input signal
- Instant wake-up from Standby Mode with no loss of audio
- Automatic de-emphasis in response to consumer pre-emphasis bit (44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz)
- 115V, 230V, 50-60Hz international power supply with very wide operating range
- Low radiation toroidal power transformer significantly reduces hum and line related interference
- Low power consumption (8W typical program, 16W peak)
- Meets FCC Class B and CE emissions requirements