The Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra from EastWest is a sampled orchestral collection originally captured in a "state of the art" concert hall. Recorded by eleven-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, the virtual instrument features strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion.
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three microphone positions - close, stage (conductor's position) and hall. By selecting the different positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambience their project requires, eliminating the need for artificial reverb.
Quantum Leap Symphony Orchestra functions as follows:
- Stand-alone under ASIO, Core Audio or DirectSound
- Plug-in for applications supporting RTAS, VST and Audio Units for Mac OS X
- Plug-in for applications supporting VST and RTAS for Windows XP
- 32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included
- 64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plug-ins) and standalone versions included
Note! Requires Pace iLok key (not included) if one is not already on the system.
- Virtual instrument featuring the four sections of the orchestra
- Intelligent performance section including portamento, repetition, legato and round robin reset
- 33GB of samples in 16-bit resolution
- State of the art convolution reverb with pre-delay and additional master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- Includes convolution response from the original hall for additional control of hall ambience
- Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- Release trails unaffected by modulation-wheel cross-fade programs, even radical movements
- Custom key-switches can be recalled instantly
- Unlimited key-switch sizes
- High fidelity single-pole filter for natural cross-fades
- Stereo image editing possible using channel sourcing