The DR-1 from Tascam is a high-quality portable stereo audio recorder. Ideal for musicians, journalists, podcasters, and more, the DR-1 can record MP3 or WAVE files to an SD or SDHC memory card for easy data storage and transfer. It has a pair of of stereo microphones with a variable angle mechanism, so you can record from multiple angles.
In addition to the built-in mics, the DR-1 also offers two inputs for connecting external microphones, as well as line-level input and output jacks. Gain control and analog limiting functions make sure you get the best quality for your recordings with the least amount of effort, and a low-frequency cutoff helps to minimize handling or wind noise.
- Ultra-portable palm-sized design
- Records to widely-available SD or SDHC flash memory cards. A 1GB card is included so you can start working immediately
- High-quality built-in condenser microphones for stereo recording
- Variable angle mic mechanism for recording at multiple angles
- Two microphone jacks for connecting external mics are provided, as well as mini line in and out jacks for connecting a CD or MP3 player, instrument, or speakers
- Records and plays back WAVE or MP3 files at 44.1 or 48kHz with a 24-bit resolution
- Switchable low-cut filter
- Gain control
- Analog limiter prevents peaking and distortion
- Long-lasting rechargeable and replaceable Lithium-Ion battery
- USB 2.0 connector for easily transferring audio to and from your Mac or PC 1
- Built-in tuner and vocal cancellation features for musicians
- Overdub feature lets you record narration, singing, or instruments over a pre-existing recording
- Highly-visible LCD info screen