The Gitzo GT2531EX 6X Carbon Fiber Explorer Tripod uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter, and as resistant as its 12-layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
This tripod incorporates many new ideas in tripod design and offers extreme flexibility. It features individually locking legs that can be fixed at any angle from 0° to 90° and a column that will tilt from the vertical, right over beyond the horizontal and lock solidly at any angle.
The GT2531EX is especially ideal for outdoor macro and nature photography, when used with digital SLRs with 200mm lenses (up to a 300mm maximum), lightweight camcorders, or spotting scopes. It offers an excellent load capacity rating of 26.4 lb (12kg) and good torsional rigidity.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti Leg Rotation (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- Locking Column System
- The Explorer is fitted with a column that can tilt from the vertical, beyond the horizontal and lock safely at any angle.
- G-Lock Design
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Redesigned Upper Discs & Bolts
- This tripod features completely redesigned upper discs and bolts. The discs, which are composed of aluminum, feature a safe lock material that reduces vibrations and improves head locking. The improved high-grade stainless steel bolt design prevents it from dropping inside the column when adjusted, and makes controlling the tread length stress-free. The redesigned bolts are also corrosion and oxidation resistant.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30 percent lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Locking Angle System
- The explorer incorporates individually locking legs that can be fixed at any angle from 0° to 90°.
- Ballast Hook
- Redesigned built-in, spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Removable Leg Tips
- Removable rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.
- Rapid Column
- Grooved rapid center column for improved stability.