The Sony Cybershot DSC-W150 Digital Camera is a compact, pocket-sized, durable camera that incorporates an 8.1-megapixel Super HAD CCD image sensor which achieves a high sensitivity up to ISO 3200 for low-light shooting. It also has a precision 5x wide-angle zoom Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with an equivalent focal length of 30 - 150mm to produce beautiful images. Sony's Double Anti-Blur solution combines the High ISO of the camera with Sony's acclaimed Super SteadyShot Optical image Stabilization for crisp, clear images.
The smile shutter mode automatically captures an image when your subject smiles - without having to press the shutter. You can even prioritize the camera to capture photos only when a specific face is smiling. Furthermore, Sony's improved face detection technology, can distinguish between the faces of children and adults so you can select "child priority" or "adult priority".
The camera also includes Sony's D-Range Optimizer to retrieve picture details in photos with harsh highlights or dark shadows. Plus, the camera has a range of pre-programmed scene modes so you'll get good images - even in difficult shooting situations. It also incorporates a function guide and resolution guide to assist you in selecting the right settings for your photography needs. To frame your shots, you can use either the traditional, eye-level viewfinder or the large 2.7-inch bright LCD screen, which also makes it easy to review and share your images. To view your images in 1080 high-definition resolution, you can connect the camera to a compatible HDTV set via an optional HD component cable or optional HD Cyber-shot Station cradle.
Although the camera is loaded with great features, it is still incredibly easy to use. This high performance camera also features quick start-up, fast shot-to-shot times, and long battery life, with the ability to take up to 350 shots on a full charge of the Lithium-ion battery.
- 8.1 Megapixel Super HAD CCD
- The advanced Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD of the DSC-W150 provides 8.1 megapixels of resolution for images with enough detail and definition to make big prints or crop in tight on your subject. Furthermore, the Super HAD CCD allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.
- Carl Zeiss 5x Wide-angle Zoom Lens
- The Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens provides a 5x optical zoom to bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots quickly for better composition. There is also a Smart Zoom feature that intelligently "crops into" the central portion of your photo, and provides up to 25x magnification in VGA resolution, and a 2x precision digital zoom to provide even further flexibility in framing and shooting your images.
- Double Anti-Blur System
- The DSC-W150 combines Sony's Super SteadyShot optical image stabilization and high sensitivity (ISO 3200), to compensate for shaky hands, minimize blur, brighten images and allow flash-free shooting to preserve the mood. Additionally, the Clear RAW noise reduction will take care of the picture noise that can ruin low-light shots.
- 9-Point Auto Focus
- The 9-point auto focus system measures auto-focus at 9 precision points instead of the typical 5 points giving you the ability to place your subject off-center to provide greater creative freedom in composing your image and to make your shot more interesting.
- D-Range Optimization
- Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, D-range optimization preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas to provide great results even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Convenient Photo Modes, Color Modes & Fast Burst Mode
- The DSC-W150 includes several convenient photo modes to choose from, including Auto, Program Auto, and Scene Selections for Twilight, Portrait, Landscape, and other shooting environments. The camera also includes creative color modes and a fast burst capability for action photos.
- Face Detection with Smile Shutter Mode
- Face Detection technology automatically controls focus, exposure, color, and flash to help reveal faces in shadows, make skin tones look more natural, reduce red-eye, and eliminate harsh facial glare, so your photos bring out every expression on every face in every shot. The Smile Shutter Mode helps you capture smiles automatically as they happen. Used in conjunction with Face Detection technology, Smile Shutter is able to differentiate between children and adults, and can be set to automatically shoot a picture when your subject laughs, smiles, or even grins. You select the person to watch and the expression to catch and your Cyber-shot camera does the rest.
- MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
- The DSC-W150 lets you capture VGA (640 x 480) video clips with sound at high frame rate of up to 30 frames per second, with the clip length limited only by the capacity of your media.
- Internal & Expandable Memory
- With 15MB of built-in memory, the DSC-W150 allows you to capture images without a memory card. However, the camera also has a slot for optional Memory Stick Duo or Memory Stick PRO Duo media (sold separately), that can support capacities of up to 16GB to store literally thousands of images.
- Stamina Battery Power
- The included rechargeable NP-BG1 Lithium Ion Battery provides sufficient power to capture up to 350 shots on a full charge. That's enough power to cover a long weekend or a whole vacation without needing to recharge.
- Large 2.7" LCD Screen and Optical Viewfinder
- The DSC-W150 includes a large, 2.7" LCD screen for composing shots, checking results, sharing your photos on location and reading camera setup menus, and the display is bright enough to be viewable even in full sunlight. The camera also includes a zoom viewfinder for when more precision image framing is called for.
- Function and Resolution Guides
- An on-screen Function Guide makes it easy to learn the camera functions by providing a simple text explanation of each camera setting, right on the LCD screen, and the resolution guide is helpful when deciding on the best resolution to select for the desired print size.
- In-Camera Retouching and Red-Eye Reduction
- The DSC-W150 has a range of in-camera editing effects available to customize your images. Built in image effects include a soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, a cross filter to place starry "dazzles" at highlight points, a partial color filter to mute surrounding colors, a fish-eye filter and more to create interesting results. There is also a built-in red-eye reduction feature that reduces irritating "glowing eyes" that can ruin even the most creative photos.
- Multi-Resizing Function
- Resize your images right in the camera for easy re-purposing - an 8MP 4:3 images can be resized to widescreen 16:9 and 2 MP resolution for display on an HDTV, or you can convert a high resolution, widescreen 16:9 images to a 4:3 VGA (640 x 480) resolution so that your pictures can be easily shared with friends and family via e-mail (internet connection required). A simple 4-direction touch-screen control also makes it easy to trim photos.
- HDTV Compatibility
- Enjoy high-resolution images in all of their beauty simply by connecting the camera directly to a compatible HDTV. It is an ideal way for users to share photos in the comfort of their living room, and it provides an excellent alternative to viewing photos as prints or on a computer monitor. To connect the camera to an HDTV, an optional Cyber-shot cradle/charger with component cable output, or a special component cable is required.
- HD Slide Show with Music
- Watch as your photos come alive, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and any of four preset musical selections stored in memory or your favorite MP3 tunes downloaded from PC to your camera for use as background music.
- Includes Picture Motion Browser Software
- It's easy to upload, organize and search photos on your PC with the included Picture Motion Browser software, and it also provides a convenient map view function to sort photos by location and display their origin on a world map when you use an optional GPS unit with your camera.