The Sony PDW-HD1500 is a half rack XDCAM HD recorder for Sony's line of optical disc-based cameras, including the PDW-700. Built upon blue laser technology, the XDCAM HD line of products takes advantage of non-linear workflow, while keeping the same tape-based archiving infrastructure that professionals are accustomed to.
The deck is small and provides all the necessary features needed for high definition ingestion and finishing. Features include high speed file transfer, metadata recording, along with multiple format capabilities. Sony's thumbnail search operation means no more winding through an endless amount of recorded tape; each shot is right at your fingertips.
- Multiple Formats
- The PDW-1500 can play back and record both XDCAM SD and HD, along with MPEG IMX and DVCAM formats, giving added flexibility for mastering and delivery. When recording to MPEG IMX there are three choices of bit rate, providing the user with options between higher quality or longer run times.
- High Transfer Speeds
- The deck has two optical heads that provide extremely fast transfer rates to editing workstations. The DVCAM format transfers at 5x normal speed while MPEG IMX run up to 2.5x. Proxy AV transfers provide 50x data rates. High speed is boosted by both FireWire and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
- Non-Linear Scene Selection
- Possibly the greatest attribute of working with non-linear optical recording is the ability to access scenes independently. This along with multiple viewing options makes XDCAM HD extremely powerful, increasing post-production efficiency. Sony's thumbnail scene selection tool makes looking for shots a breeze, simply cycle through the list of clips to find what you need.
- Rack Mountable
- The PDW-1500 is rack mountable, taking up one half of any standard 19" racking system.
- Seven Year "Powertrain" Warranty
- Sony's commitment to XDCAM and XDCAM HD technology, along with their unwavering confidence in the equipment translates into an unprecedented seven year "Powertrain" warranty for the laser block.