The Panasonic AJ-HDX900 is a professional tape-based DVCPRO HD camera designed for a wide variety of applications, including news, documentary, and dramatic television/cinema. The 1-megapixel 3CCD system provides pristine images while performing exceptionally well in low-light situations. This professional camcorder has the ability to capture both 1080i and 720p, which means that no project is out of reach.
Note! This item does not come with a lens. Body Only
- DVCPRO HD Codec
- Thanks to a low compression ratio at a bit rate of 100 Mbps (1080/59.94i, 720/59.94p) along with the easy-to-edit intraframe compression system, DVCPRO HD is suitable for recording fast-moving subjects with no motion artifacts whatsoever, making it ideal for slow-motion capture. The 4:2:2 sampling rate minimizes jaggies at chroma edges and is advantageous in image compositing. Sound quality is excellent as well, thanks to uncompressed 16-bit, 4-channel digital audio recording capability.
- Professional Camera Features
- The camera features almost every conceivable input, including HD-SDI. Serial Digital Interface (SDI) allows users to output and view digital video without any digital to analog conversion. This can be used for both recording and display purposes, providing the highest quality signal possible. The standard 2/3" bayonet mount allows cinematographers to change lenses depending on budget and application.
- Advanced Digital Signal Processor
- The AG-HDX900's advanced digital signal processor uses 14-bit A/D conversion and 19-bit inner processing to attain unprecedented accuracy. With performance equivalent to processors used in many higher-end HD cameras, the AG-HDX900 delivers beautiful images in 1080i and 720p video formats.
- Filmlike Gamma Curve
- Panasonic included a gamma curve that further emulates the gamma look of film, making the camera ideal for dramatic and documentary work.
- Digital Super Gain
- The camera has the ability to function at incredibly high gain levels without compromising image quality, up to 62 dB!