Nikon Capture NX 2 Photo Editing Software is a full-featured non-destructive photo editing program that provides photographers powerful tools to quickly and easily edit their photographs, including the highest quality RAW (NEF) conversions from your Nikon camera. Plus it fully integrates with all Nikon software including Camera Control Pro 2, Image Authentication Software, Transfer and ViewNX. Plus Capture NX 2 has maintained all of the functionality of Capture NX, but has added improvements to the usability of those functions.
Please note that version 2.2 is not be upgradeable to 2.4.3. You will be required to download and install the latest version from Nikon's official website and authenticate it.
- Award-winning U Point Technology
- U Point technology uses Control Points to help realize results envisioned in the editing process. Using NEF files for optimal performance, Control Points allow photographers to select and isolate an entire image or selected areas within the image for enhancement, Furthermore, those enhancements can be instantly cancelled or added with ease, without compromising the original quality of the image, and U Point control is perfectly compatible with each NEF file's Instruction Set.
- Selection Control Points
- Now you can selectively edit photographs without the need to manually outline or mask the area for editing. Simply place a Selection Control Point anywhere on the photograph then choose from almost any adjustment such as D-Lighting, Unsharp Mask or Noise Reduction, while limiting the "reach" of that adjustment to just the selected area.
- Auto-Retouch Brush
- Capture NX 2 adds an automatic retouch tool to its image editing toolbox allowing users to seamlessly remove blemishes, dust and other distracting elements from photographs while maintaining the integrity of the image.
- Shadow/Highlight Adjustment
- With just a simple slider adjustment you can easily open up shadows or recover blown-out highlights. Highlight recovery is most effective for RAW (NEF) files however it will work with JPEG and TIFF files as well.
- Redesigned Interface
- The latest version includes a number of improvements to the user interface including the addition of Customizable Workspaces, Improved Toolbar function and layout, Improved Edit List functionality, a newly designed image browser featuring a Favorites Folder, and Improved Image Resolution adjustment controls.