The HR-DSX4 from RDL is a four input, one output digital audio selector. It accepts digital audio signals from XLR inputs (AES/EBU), optical inputs (S/PDIF), or coaxial inputs (S/PDIF and AES-3ID). The selected digital audio input is fed to the output of the HR-DSX4, which allows you to select whether you would like the output on digital XLR, optical, or coaxial. The unit features RDL's Sure-Lok technology, which will automatically reinitialize signal lock in event of an error.
When one of the keyboard-style push buttons is pressed, the input's corresponding LED will illuminate if a valid digital source is detected from its input. If no signal is detected the LED will blink. Switching inputs can be carried out with the front panel buttons, or you can control the HR-DSX4 remotely with the terminal blocks on the rear panel.
When you select an input source that's a different digital format than the selected output, the HR-DSX4 will convert, decode, and re-clock the digital signal. It operates in both 16 and 24 bit, and can handle signals up to 192 kHz. The HR-DSX4 features an all metal chassis, and can be mounted in a rack (with separately available rack-mount adapters), or operated free-standing.
- 4 input, 1 output digital audio selection with signal re-clocking
- Each input features an AES/EBU, coaxial, and an optical S/PDIF connector
- The output also features AES/EBU, coaxial, and an optical S/PDIF connector
- Format conversion for selected output format
- 24-bit, 192 kHz resolution
- Exclusive Sure-Lok auto-recovery sentinel
- Transformer isolated AES/EBU inputs and output
- Local or remote controlled switching
- Open-collector output for selected input
- Front panel input LED flashes if a valid input is not connected