The Canon REALiS WUX10 is a top-of-the-line WUXGA (1920x 1200) projector that provides spectacular image quality, resolution and color reproduction, to meet the needs of users in corporate, educational, and specialized fields. It combines the brilliance and sharpness of innovative LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) technology with Canon's advanced third generation AISYS technology - with improved light efficiency, uniformity, and expanded color space for extremely accurate color reproduction, delivering razor sharp image quality.
Rated at 3200 lumens with a contrast ratio of 1000:1, the REALiS WUX10 can project full and precise display of photographs, intricate spreadsheets with small text, CAD drawings and full-motion HD or SD video. In addition, it features the ability to process analog RGB and component signals, from input to display, in 10-bit resolution for higher-quality images. A genuine Canon 1.5x powered zoom with autofocus delivers increased resolution and suppression of lens aberrations, and features 10:0 lens offset, so now the bottom edges of projected images have been made to match the optical axis of the lens. This reduces the need for tilting and/or keystone correction.
For convenience, there are Auto Set-Up functions for focus, keystone, signal inputs and screen color-correction. It allows users to pack-up quickly after a presentation by simply unplugging the power cord, and includes an HDMI terminal that lets you project 1080p content from satellite and digital cable boxes, as well as DVD players. A built-in network port allows for remote network operation.
High Quality Projection
- Native WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution delivers superior image quality, resolution, and color reproduction for end-users in corporate, educational, and specialized fields.
- Can process analog RGB and component signals, from input to display, in 10-bit resolution for higher-quality images.
- Supports 1080 video content and WUXGA 16:10 computer resolution. This projector's significantly larger display area enables Mac and Windows users to project their computer's entire screen in its true proportions, just as it appears on their desktop or laptop widescreen monitors.
- Provides 3200 lumens, delivering incredible image quality and brightness, while a 1000:1 contrast ratio ensures deep blacks and bright whites. Pure, high-contrast color reproduction creates images with crisp depth and dimension, ideally suited for conveying texture and materials. Colors remain crisp, with superior color balance, perfect for presentations incorporating high-quality visuals.
- 275W NSH AC lamp boosts the purity of projected reds and greens. Built for extended life as well, it not only ensures more vivid images, it also means a better value.
LCOS Technology with AISYS
- Compared to LCD and DLP systems, LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) takes projectors to a whole new level. This technology means higher resolution images, seamless images with no flickering or "screen door" effect, a visual distraction common to LCD projectors, in which a faint grid pattern appears over the projected image. LCOS also provides quick image response for better looking moving images, smooth rendition of fine lines, seamless photo reproduction, sharp display of small text, and crisp blacks. It's the right choice for displaying bright, big-screen images without darkening the conference room or classroom.
- Canon realizes the full potential of LCOS technology by combining it with their 3rd generation AISYS Engine. A patented optical light engine for achieving brightness and high contrast using LCOS panels, AISYS has three components: the illumination system, the color separation and combination system, and the LCOS panels. Canon's innovative, breakthrough AISYS technology achieves the right balance of contrast, brightness and compact size to maximize the performance of LCOS.
Proprietary Color Management
- Canon's high-accuracy Color Management System (CMS) ensures accurate color reproduction for an extended color space and compensates for color variances due to lighting differences. The advantage: true HD-quality color even in the toughest conditions.
- Precise control prevents the excess leakage of light, producing rich, detailed gradations even in the shadowed portions of images - recreating depth and dimension with stunning drama and realism.
- An easy-to-use Graphical User Interface lets you adjust your palette of colors to paint the picture you want for your audience. The WUX10's 6-axis (RGBCMY) color adjustment lets you fine-tune the hue and saturation of each of the primary (red, green, and blue) and secondary (cyan, magenta, and yellow) colors. Choose between low, medium, and high to project the image the way you remember it. This high degree of control makes each projected image a masterpiece.
- 1.5x zoom lens suppresses the distortion of images to the maximum extent, enabling the WUX10 to project images more faithfully. The lens also features a 10:0 lens offset, which maintains the lower edge of projected images, matching the optical axis of the lens. This permits projection of high-quality images without the deterioration in image quality caused by keystone correction. In other words, the projector can be pulled back even further without the image hitting the table or the ceiling. The lens also includes special lens coatings to reduce both glare and ghosting.
- You can easily change the screen size to accommodate various venues and/or applications. It is now easier to set up the projector perpendicular to the screen without having to tilt the projector, or use the keystone correction.
- Built-in HDMI 1.3 terminal supports full HD 1080p signals provided by HDTV capable satellite and cable boxes, as well as Blu-Ray players.
- When dynamic gamma is "on," gamma is automatically adjusted to optimum values. This feature is vital for projecting rapidly moving images. Each frame is displayed with optimum contrast balance to prevent washed out whites and blocked-up blacks.
- Allows you to select the image mode that best suits the characteristics of your content. For example, select "Presentation" mode for briefings and conferences or "Adobe RGB" or "sRGB" when color fidelity is essential.
- In computer mode, the digital zoom can enlarge a selected area of the screen, such as specific data in a graph, up to 12x normal.
- Built-in network interface (RJ-45) also allows compatibility with industry-standard AMX, Crestron, and Extron controllers, making it possible to construct a sophisticated AV system. It enables centralized control and monitoring of multiple projector units from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling mounted or remotely installed projectors from a PC screen, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area. In addition, email alerts can be sent to the central PC to give notification of any malfunctions or service issues which may arise in a projector. The WUX10 can also be externally operated via its RS-232 port.
- Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction lets you project a perfect image by correcting for keystone distortion of +/- 20°.
- Use for front or rear-projection on a tabletop or ceiling mounted with the optional Ceiling Mount Adapter.
- Audio input source will switch automatically to match the image signal source. Audio output terminals permit connection to external audio devices, making it easy to control sound levels.
Auto Set-up performs four vital set-up configurations at the touch of a button. Simply select the Auto Setup button, and within seconds your input source is connected, distortion is corrected, focus is sharpened and color is balanced:
- Auto Focus: the WUX10 measures the distance to the screen and makes your projected image razor-sharp
- Auto Keystone: vertical keystone correction is automatically applied
- Auto Input: the projector automatically detects the input port
- Auto Screen Color: the projector automatically compensates for the color of the projection surface
- Once it's set up, operating the WUX10 is easy with the help of Guidance Functions that display operating instructions in an on-screen window. A Graphical User Interface makes for easy operation, with three menus for quick access to display settings, image adjustments and system settings. You're never more than three steps away from any adjustment you need to make.
- Can be switched on and off from a central control terminal without having to press the buttons on the unit. This permits remote operation when the unit is mounted overhead. When the Direct Power setting is "on," and power is introduced, the projector starts up automatically and is ready to displaying about 20 seconds.
- In the classroom or office, the projector's Spotlight feature dims your image except for the area you want everyone to pay attention to. That way, you can make sure your audience sees exactly what you want them to see.
- Rear infrared sensors let you control the WUX10 with the supplied wireless remote from in front or behind the projector.
- Runs very quiet, ensuring your audience isn't distracted by fan noise. In Normal mode, the WUX10 runs at 35dB; and in Quiet mode, it runs at 31dB.
- You never have to wait for the WUX10 to cool down before unplugging it and heading to your next meeting - the projector's fan continues to operate, powered by an internal charging system. You can also turn the projector off simply by unplugging it - a convenient feature when the projector is mounted on the ceiling and can't be operated directly.
- When you're finished using your WUX10, you can use the Pin Code Lock and Function Key Lock to control its use.
- Compact and weighing only 10.8 lbs, the REALiS WUX10 is easy to carry and set up, wherever you need it.
- Includes 3-year parts and labor warranty and 120-day lamp life warranty.