The FP-DFC2 from RDL is a professional solution for where conversion of an S/PDIF digital audio signal to AES/EBU format is required, and where installation space is at a premium. The compact form still manages to provide 3 input-connector options, along with two LEDs that indicate power present and lock status for the incoming signal.
The included Sure-Lok auto-recovery circuitry delivers stability in the event of input signal interruption, by re initiating lock up of the signal as soon as it is available. The FP-DFC2 is also supplied with a power interconnect cable for daisy-chaining multiple modules from a single power supply (power supply is not included). Power can also be applied via full-size barrier block terminals.
- Digital audio format converter that provides AES/EBU output from a single source S/PDIF input
- Full operation up to 24-bit/192kHz with automatic sample rate detection
- Input can be derived from any one of 3 connector sources, RCA coaxial, TOSLink optical or BNC
- All header information common to both formats is provided in the AES/EBU output, not just selected information
- Anti latch-up control circuits guarantee re-lock with the incoming digital signal in the event that the input is interrupted due to switching or other unforeseen circumstances
- AES/EBU output is transformer isolated
- Compact design permits the unit to be easily mounted, particularly in confined spaces and in various locations in equipment racks where space is at a premium