The ProTrack from Alesis is a sleek device that brings extensive audio recording options to the iPod. The ProTrack connects to your iPod via the dock connector, creating a single unified device. A clear plastic cover protects your iPod while still providing control access.
The ProTrack features dual XLR/TRS combo inputs with 48V phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments, and more. Built-in XY stereo mics allow you to make recordings without connecting additional equipment, and a standard 3.5mm mini jack lets you connect a pair of headphones for listening to your recordings.
The unit can operate for hours on 4 AAA batteries, or for longer sessions with an AC adapter. A switchable limiter prevents distortion and overload, and a threaded mount allows you to secure the recorder to a standard tripod.
Note: This unit is designed to work with the 5th, 6th, and 7th generation iPod classics, the 2nd generation iPod touch, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation iPod nanos; as well as the iPhone and iPhone 3G. Sleds are not included for the 2nd and 4th generation nanos. iPod/iPhone not included.
- Sleek design integrates and protects your iPod
- Stereo 16-bit recording at sample rates of 22 or 44.1kHz
- Dual XLR/TRS combo inputs with 48V phantom power
- Built-in XY-pattern stereo condenser microphones
- Standard 3.5mm mini headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Operates on 4 AAA batteries or AC power. When connected to AC power, the ProTrack can also charge the iPod
- Threaded tripod socket