The Mamiya DL28 Digital SLR Kit brings the industry-leading technology of Leaf Digital Capture to the world-famous Mamiya 645 System. This kit combines the latest Mamiya 645 AFD III body with the Leaf Aptus II Digital Back and an all-new, digitally optimized 80mm f/2.8 Sekor Lens. This kit offers all of the uncompromising advantage of digital medium format without breaking the bank.
Mamiya's newly developed 645 AFD III body builds off of the success of the 645 AFD II with faster autofocus speeds, serial communication to digital backs, and custom controls. Robust and intuitive, the 645 system is compatible with all Mamiya 645 autofocus and manual focus lenses. Add an optional film back to the mix for transparency and negative film photography. Analogue or Digital? The Mamiya DL28 lets you do both.
The included 28 megapixel Leaf Aptus II Digital Back boasts a CCD sensor size of 44 x 33mm--larger than all 35mm DSLR sensors and more sensitive to the nuance and subtle detail of your subjects. From studio portraits to sweeping landscapes; product photography to fine art reproduction, the Mamiya DL28 delivers rich, detailed images of unparallel quality.
With 14 lenses in production and even more available on the second-hand market, the Mamiya 645 lens system has all the tools in place to meet your creative vision. The DL28 SLR Kit includes Mamiya's latest 80mm f/2.8 lens. This standard prime features a wide focusing ring, AF/MF clutch, and advanced digital coatings to ensure critical focus, crisp contrast, and natural color rendition.
Make the leap and own the results! A professional camera body, large imaging sensor, and world-class optics make the Mamiya DL28 Digital SLR Kit a fine choice for artists and professional photographers everywhere.
- Mamiya 645 Legacy
- One of the most powerful and popular camera systems in the professional photography world, the Mamiya 645 System brings fast autofocus, superior ergonomics, and user-specific customization into the digital realm. Select any Mamiya 645 lens. The included 645 AFD III body can use it. Also backwards compatible with optional film backs, the analogue and digital world are ready for your point of view.
- Leaf Digital Technology
- The included Leaf Aptus II digital back boasts 28 megapixels in a 44 x 33mm space. True 16-bit color, 12-stop dynamic range, and high ISO sensitivity allow for the highest quality images for all of your professional applications. From studio portraiture to fine art landscapes, Leaf technology allows you to focus on your vision without compromise.
- 3.5" Touch Screen LCD
- Change ISO, manage folders and individual files, check histograms and review important shooting information on a big, bright 3.5" touch screen display. The LCD of the Aptus II is sharp, accurate and a great way to review your work. Using a stylus or just your finger, it's easy to change settings, organize files, or compare shots using the intuitive, on-screen menu.
- Digital 80mm f/2.8 Sekor Lens
- Often regarded as a "normal" or "standard" lens, the 80mm focal length in medium format is a wonderful choice for portraiture, distortion-free landscape, and product photography. Designed to see as your eye sees, the newly-developed 80mm f/2.8 has been optimized for digital with new optical coatings, improved autofocus speeds, and an AF/MF clutch for critical focus subjects.
- Cut the Cord
- Many of today's digital backs require cable tethering during the image capture process. While the Aptus II digital back supports tethered shooting, your images can also be recorded directly to high capacity Compact Flash cards. Whether you want more spontaneity in the studio or a location shoot with the minimum amount of equipment, the Mamiya 645 System and Leaf Aptus II digital back offer you the flexibility and portability of cable-free shooting.