The Giottos MTL 9240B Tripod is a compact 4-section aluminum model made for travel use with light camera setups. It shares much of the unique feature set that is inherent in Giotto's MTL class of aluminum models of various sizes. With 22/19/16/13mm segments, the MTL 9240B is made for use with small ballheads and small cameras such as a consumer-class SLR with standard zoom lens.
There's not too much in the world of tripods that Giottos doesn't think to incorporate into their best models such as this MTL 9240B. It has foam padded upper segments, a bubble level right at the neck of the unit, flip-lock levers which can be attended to in the field if needed, and an included tool kit which has a special short column attachment that allows an impressive minimum operating height.
The MTL 9240B collapses to just 18.9" and weighs only 2.31 pounds.
- Classic aluminum alloy tripod, with 22mm maximum leg segments
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Circular spirit bubble level at the top of the tripod crown to help level the legs
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Rounded rubber leg tips
- Weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability (must hang you camera bag or other heavy item from it)
- Included ground level column top allows an extremely-low 7.9" (20cm) minimum operating height