The Giottos MTL 9251B Tripod is a standard size 3-section aluminum model made for use with most consumer SLR camera setups. It shares much of the unique feature set that is inherent in Giotto's MTL class of aluminum models of various sizes. With 25/22/19mm segments, the MTL 9251B is made for use with consumer-class SLR cameras with moderate telephoto lenses, such as a 55-200mm type lens.
There's not too much in the world of tripods that Giottos doesn't think to incorporate into their best models such as this MTL 9251B. It has foam padded upper segments, a bubble level right at the neck of the unit, flip-lock levers which can be attended to in the field if needed, and an included tool kit which has a special short column attachment that allows an impressive minimum operating height.
The MTL 9251B collapses to <25" and weighs only 3.24 pounds.
- Classic aluminum alloy tripod, with 25mm maximum leg segments
- Giottos' trademark "Qel" flip lever locks, which can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the field if necessary
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Circular spirit bubble level at the top of the tripod crown to help level the legs
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Rounded rubber leg tips
- Weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability (must hang you camera bag or other heavy item from it)
- Included ground level column top allows a low 9.4" (24cm) minimum operating height