Originally designed for the Canon 5D Mark II, Beachtek's DXA-5D two-channel XLR adapter lets you input professional-quality audio into your digital SLR when shooting video. Mounted beneath your camera or on a tripod, the DXA-5D plugs into the 3.5" mic jack on such cameras as the 5D Nikon D300s and Panasonic DMC-GH1.
Along with the added mic options this brings, the DXA-5D allows you to adjust volume levels on each track, bypassing the DSLR's automatic gain control. Two line outputs, including one for headphones, allow you to monitor audio or divert it into a separate recorder, while 48V phantom power means you can use professional condenser mics that require power to operate.
Along with DSLRs, the DXA-5D can be used with any camcorder or audio device with a mini mic input.
- Designed for use with DSLRs such as the Canon 5D Mark II, 7D, Nikon D300s, Panasonic GH1, as well as with any camcorder or other audio recording device that has a built-in mic jack
- Stereo LCD meter to show input signal strength
- Auto Gain Control Disable function
- Dual 48V balanced XLR inputs
- Built-in headphone amplifier with volume control
- Mono/Stereo switch for single input recording
- Operates on standard 9V battery