The Nikon Coolpix S220 Digital Camera (Cobalt Blue) provides images with up to 10.0 megapixel of resolution, and a 3x Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens for incredibly sharp and detailed images. While the addition of Nikon's 4-way VR Image Stabilization technology that includes a sensitivity equivalent of ISO 2000, Motion Detection, and the exclusive Best Shot Selector (BSS) ensures that your photos will always look great - regardless of lighting conditions or subject movement. And all of these features are mediated by Nikon's innovative EXPEED image processing system which provides enhanced noise reduction and improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio. Furthermore, the cameras slim, quality-crafted aluminum body delivers high performance and ease-of-operation in a package that you can carry around with you - always.
Nikon's Smart Portrait System ensures beautiful portrait and people shots by combining Nikon's innovative smile mode that automatically releases the camera shutter at the moment that your subject smiles, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix which automatically detects and corrects for red eye, D-Lighting which compensates for excessive backlight or insufficient flash in images, and Face Priority AF which automatically finds and focuses on up to 12 people's faces within one frame. Furthermore, the S220 includes Nikon's Coolpix Software Suite for organizing, editing and sharing your photos.
The back of this slim camera is dominated by a bright, high resolution 2.5-inch LCD monitor with a wide viewing angle and anti-reflective coating that provides for easy composition and viewing of photos even in direct sunlight, and an acrylic panel over the LCD prevents damaging scratches and fingerprints. The camera also boasts improved menu displays, as well as revised menu icons that will make framing photos easier than ever before.
- 10.0 Megapixel Resolution
- With 10.0 million pixels of image information, the Nikon Coolpix S220 can produce stunning, photo quality prints up to 20 x 30" without any loss of image quality.
- 3x Optical Zoom Lens
- The Zoom Nikkor Lens incorporates exclusive ED lens elements and provides a 3x optical zoom (35-105mm equivalent) while the Macro capability lets you get as close as 4.0" to your subject.
- 4-way VR Image Stabilization
- The Electronic VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization system automatically adjusts ISO and Shutter speed to produce the sharpest images possible - even under low light conditions, and the Motion Detection system helps to further compensate for subject motion. Combined with a high sensitivity of up to ISO 2000, and Nikon's exclusive Best Shot Selector ensures that your images will always be sharp and crisp.
- Slim, Stylish Design
- With a slim, sophisticated Design this ultra-compact digital camera easily slips right into your shirt pocket or purse, and its good looks are complemented by incredible durability due to the all-metal casing.
- Movie and Voice Recording
- Shoot Broadcast quality QuickTime movies with sound with VGA resolution at 30 frames per second at a length that is only limited by the available space on the internal memory or your SD memory card.
- Light Sensitivity up to ISO 2000
- High light sensitivity up to ISO 2000 allows you to tackle scenes and situations that many compact cameras cannot, with the power to capture fast-moving objects with outstanding clarity and gives you great exposures in lower light.
- 16 Scene Modes with Scene Auto Selector
- The Coolpix S220 incorporates 16 scene modes that cover some of the more common difficult shooting situations to maximize the image quality. The scene modes automatically adjust focus, exposure, white balance and other settings to make getting a good exposure easy. The Scene Auto selector automatically selects the best fit from 6 commonly used scene modes - making the camera ideal for the quick shooter.
- Smart Portrait System
- The Smart portrait system combines the functions of several exclusive Nikon technologies including the Smile Mode, Blink-proof Shooting, In-Camera Red-eye Fix, Enhanced Face Priority AF, and D-Lighting to ensure that portraits and group shots will always look their best.
- Built-in and Expandable Memory
- The camera includes 44MB of built-in memory so you can begin taking shots immediately without having to purchase a memory card, and the memory capacity can be expanded dramatically with Secure Digital (SD/SDHC) memory cards.
- Bright 2.5-inch LCD
- The Coolpix S220 is equipped with a bright 2.5" LCD that is great for viewing images anywhere, anytime. The impressive 170 degree wide viewing angle makes it easier for everyone to see and enjoy images.
- Print Directly or Show Pictures on a TV
- You can send images directly to print, without the need of a PC, when using PictBridge and USB Direct Print compatible printers, or connect directly to your TV for family slide shows and presentations.