A powerful photographic tool that blends ease-of-use with advanced shooting functions, the Nikon Coolpix L100 features 10-megapixel resolution, high-powered 15x optical wide-angle zoom, Continuous Scene Mode, Smart Portrait System, Motion Detection, 4-Way Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, Auto Scene Selector, high 3200 ISO capability, and a large 3" LCD with high-contrast and anti-reflection coating for clear viewing, even in direct sunlight.
- 10-Megapixel Resolution
- 10-megapixels image sensor delivers stunning images with true-to-life color and pleasing details. Plenty of sharp resolution to capture the finest details, crop creatively and produce incredible enlargements up to 16 x 20".
- 15x Wide-Angle Zoom-NIKKOR Optical Lens
- Incredible 15x optical wide-angle (28-420mm) Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens handles everything from landscapes and group shots, to tight close-ups and shots taken from a distance. Quality optics deliver superb color and razor-sharp results throughout the zoom range. High ISO 3200 capability when shooting 3MP or smaller images. Macro close-up mode allows shooting from 0.4" (1cm) to infinity.
- 4-Way VR Image Stabilization
To minimize the effects of camera shake, the camera offer a 4-way VR (Vibration Reduction) function which includes Nikon's Optical VR Image Stabilization that compensates for camera shake by moving the image sensor, as well as Motion Detection, ISO 3200 and Best Shot Selector (BSS).
Motion Detection compensates for camera shake by automatically controlling shutter speed and ISO settings, while Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and then saves the sharpest image. High ISO3200 capability gives you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects (ISO 3200 is only available at 3MP or lower resolution) .
- Large 3-inch High-Resolution LCD
- Large, high resolution (230,000 pixels) 3-inch LCD makes it easy to compose shots and play them back anywhere. In addition, the high-contrast and anti-reflection coating on the screen offers clear viewing, even in direct sunlight.
- Smart Portrait System
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System ensures a bright smile being captured without blinking, offers in-camera red-eye fix and rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed. The enhanced Face-priority Auto Focus can detect up to 12 faces-per-image and adjusts brightness on the subject's face to ensure well-balanced exposure of a whole picture.
- Sports Continuous Scene Mode
- In this mode you can shoot up to 30 consecutive pictures at 13 fps (frames per second) when you set the resolution to 3MP or lower. This allows you to stay ahead of most any action scene you wish to shoot. Capture that golf or baseball swing, or the fast action on the soccer field.
- Automatic Scene Selector
- The camera can automatically recognize the scene and select from one of six scene modes (Portrait, Night Portrait, Close-up, Landscape, Night Landscape or Backlight mode) for best results. The Coolpix L100 offers a total of 16 scene modes plus 5 color options for special effects, and can record video with sound.
- Records to SD/SDHC Memory Cards
- Records to SD (Secure Digital) or SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) memory cards and even has a 44MB internal memory for those times you may not have a card available.
- Runs on AA-size Batteries
- The camera is powered by 4 widely available AA batteries so you never have to worry about recharging or running out of power. The camera is also very power efficient, allowing you to take up to 350 shots with standard alkaline batteries or 900 shots using lithium batteries.