The LumiQuest Quik Bounce enlarges and redirects light from your shoe-mounted flash at a 90° angle to the direction the flash is facing, like many flash diffusers upon the market. However, LumiQuest listened to input from wedding/event photographers shooting with their popular Pocket Bouncer, and cleverly designed Quik Bounce to be used in a position which (with flashes that both bounce and swivel) allows quick exchange between horizontal/vertical images with consistent lighting and no bracket necessary.
You mount Quik Bounce to the side of the face of your flash, and swivel your flash head so that the thickest part of the flash head is parallel to the optical axis (instead of being perpendicular to the optical axis, the flash head's 'normal' position). This way, you can just use the bounce hinge to adjust the flash position when making a vertical composition, keeping the flash diffusion surface consistently above the flash head.
Further adding Quik Bounce's sophistication, there are a pair of "barn doors" built in to the normal diffusion surface which can be opened whenever you've got a low ceiling above you. Doing so allows 80% of the light output to emerge from the ceiling, greatly softening the light source and allowing the light to originate primarily from a more natural-looking location.
- Made for flashes which have both bounce and swivel function
- Made to be mounted aside normal position for flash diffusers
- Allows quick exchange between horizontal/vertical positions with consistent lighting
- Increases surface area of lighting source by ~500%, greatly softening shadows from light source
- Practically eliminates need for a flash bracket
- Barn doors in top surface allow 80% projection of lighting to ceilings
- Made in the USA