The Canon PowerShot SX200 IS Digital Camera features 12.1 megapixel resolution in an elegant, classic design. From wide cityscapes to the play at second base, the 12x optical zoom keeps pace with your demanding digital lifestyle. Canon's newly developed Smart AUTO Mode makes perfect pictures as easy as point and shoot. Utilizing a set of predefined shooting situations, the SX200 intelligently analyzes your composition to select the best exposure, color, and contrast--even under harsh lighting conditions. Advanced Face Detection Technology automatically sets focus, flash, and white balance for beautiful portraits and group shots. Industry-leading features in a retro-classic design make the SX200 the stylish camera of choice for capturing all of your digital memories.
- Incredible 12x Wide-angle Zoom Lens
- The 12x wide-angle optical zoom lens provides a 35mm focal range equivalent of 28-336mm and helps to bring your subject closer with razor-sharp precision and stunning life-like color. In addition, the camera is equipped with a 4x digital zoom, which combined with the optical zoom provides an incredible 48x total zoom range for capturing even the smallest details of your subject.
- Smart AUTO Mode
- Concentrate on your subjects--let the camera handle the pictures. Canon's Smart Auto mode analyzes your shooting conditions with 18 pre-defined scene settings. From a wide, floral landscape to a night on the town with friends, the SX200 intelligently captures your memories--maximizing quality while minimizing effort.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon's optical image stabilizer counteracts camera shake caused by hand shake. Vibration sensors detect the angle and speed of hand movement and send this information to the processor, allowing the camera to compensate. This adds stability to hand-held, telephoto and moving shots and enables shooting at shutter speeds of up to three stops slower with no noticeable increase in image blur.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor with iSAPS Technology
- Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor is designed to improve processing speed and image quality, providing faster startup, autofocus, and playback. iSAPS is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the DIGIC 4 processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
- 3" Pure Color II LCD
- The 3" LCD screen of the PowerShot SX200 IS has 230,000 pixels of resolution, and features a wide viewing angle for easy viewing, whether you're shooting, reviewing or showing off your images. Smooth color transitions, high-resolution, and scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coatings make composing and viewing effortless, even under bright sunlight.
- Advanced Face Detection Technology
Canon's advanced Face Detection Technology keeps every face in focus. Intelligent Contrast Correction, Red-eye Correction, and the latest focus-tracking technology deliver consistent sharpness and natural skin tones.
The Face Detection Self Timer allows the photographer to get into the picture by automatically detecting an increase in the number of faces and automatically making the appropriate exposure adjustments. Place the camera on a stand or tripod, initialize the Face Detection Self-timer and the camera will wait for the photographer's face to enter the frame before taking the perfect shot.
- Blink Detection
- Canon's Blink Detection system uses the power of Face Detection to determine whether a subject in the previous shot had closed eyes. If closed eyes are detected, a "blink warning" icon appears, allowing you to re-take the shot before your subject or subjects leave the scene.
- High ISO Sensitivity
- The PowerShot SX200 IS features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto (equivalent to ISO 3200) settings that reduce the effects of camera shake giving you greater flexibility under low-light conditions.
- HD Video Recording
- The PowerShot SX200 IS captures beautiful, broadcast-quality HD video! Capture a scene from that concert, a friend's wedding, or your recent vacation. Easily share your memories on your big screen HDTV by connecting the camera through the all-digital HDMI port.